Taking The Long Way Home

Saturday, December 10, 2011


I was chatting with a friend today about taking the long view when you start HRT and the importance of planning ahead as much as possible. And that reminded me of one of my favorite Sesame Street sketches. 

I confess that my approach more closely resembles anal-retentive Bert. (I say that as one who compulsively copy edits menus and billboards in their head. And I only wish I were kidding.) However, I recognize that Ernie's more, um, insouciant approach has its virtues - something Bert learns the hard way. ;c)


On an unrelated note: as one who shares his near-cadaverous pallor, I hope Bert remembers to pack the SPF-75 sunscreen next time...

***

Our conversation also reminded me of one of my all-time favorite songs, "Take The Long Way Home," from Supertramp's classic Breakfast in America album. I was looking for a version of the band performing it, but then came across this charming, poignant take on it:



Penguins on the North Pole; that is the definition of taking the long way home. Here's hoping they made it; here's hoping we all make it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada