Two

Thursday, February 13, 2014


Just a quick post to note that today marks two months since going full-time. All I can say is… whoa.

Too much of it  took place under dark skies; I had a great deal of loss and heartache to process. I am still more tired than usual; I suppose changing your gender can lead to that. ;c) But I truly feel as if my life is finally, at long last, beginning to take shape.

I have many things I want to experience; I will write more in the days and weeks to come. But it boils down to this: I am through hiding. From people, from experiences… from life.

Instead, I am going to embrace all of those things, and all that they entail, both positive and not so positive. I don't expect everything to be perfect from now on. But I will face any challenges as myself, at long last. And I will do so knowing what I can accomplish when I put my mind to it.

As John Hiatt sings, "You can live in fear or act out of hope." Well, I am through living in fear. And I am going to do my best to act out of hope instead. I may not realize all of my dreams, but it won't be because I didn't try.

Have a good Friday, everyone. And Happy Valentine's Day, for those of you who celebrate it…

***

BTW, the photo at the top is a few weeks old (you can tell from the lack of earrings and flaming red hair). lol But in any event, I still kind of like it. :c)

***

Here's a lovely song from Easy Tiger, Ryan Adams's 2007 release with the Cardinals:


Here's an intimate version of my favorite song from the same album (it was apparently spontaneous, given that it takes a moment to start):


I hope he someday records an entire bluegrass album. He certainly shows here that he has the songwriting chops to pull it off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada