Fitter, Happier (more Productive)... And On Vacation :D

Friday, July 25, 2014


Today's post heading is provided, of course, by Radiohead, from the strangest track off their 1997 masterpiece OK Computer. The song itself is eerie and disturbing, but I thought I would have a bit of fun with it. :c)

I am officially on vacation for the next week... thank goodness. I am running on fumes, and have been for quite some time. (I knew when I misspelled "in" three times yesterday that I was in trouble. And no, I am not joking.)

I worked a slightly shortened day today, because I had to leave early for a doctor's appointment. I crammed about 12 hours worth of work into six hours so I could get out on time and not be running six blocks from the train station to the clinic, as I've had to do in the past. (A good thing too, as I was wearing a maxi-skirt today. lol)

Long story short: I had a complete physical; at its conclusion, my doctor proclaimed that I was in perfect health. 

"Now get out there and start living your life, Cassidy!" she said, mock-stern. "No more 60-90 hour work weeks, understood? Doctor's orders!!!"

"Consider it done," I replied. 

And she can.

***

The photo above was taken in the lobby of the clinic while I waited to get my blood work done. The light was terrific, as you can see. 

In fact, it's so good you can barely see the blotchy skin from Tuesday's electrolysis session. lol (Trust me - it's there!) Anyway, I like how this one turned out.

Time to finish packing; vacation time looms! Woo-hoo!!!

***

The aforementioned Radiohead song, and the unreleased video shot for it:


Here's the video for "Karma Police," which precedes "Fitter, Happier" on the album. It is beautiful (Thom Yorke's vocals at the end give me shivers every single time I listen to them), but just as eerie as "Fitter, Happier." And the video is downright spooky:


4 comments:

Jenna on July 25, 2014 at 1:34 AM said...

Enjoy you vacation. Have a great time xx

Cassidy on July 25, 2014 at 11:11 AM said...

Thank you, Jenna. :c) Hope all is well with you and yours...

Hugs,
Cass

Ashley W. on July 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM said...

Have a great time at the festival, Cass! :)

Cassidy on July 25, 2014 at 10:21 PM said...

Thank you, Ashley! It's off to a great start - even it took me over three hours to get here! (It's a 75 minute trip with normal traffic - well, normal by Boston standards, at least. lol)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada