Cassidy Gets Caricatured

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Thought I'd share something fun; Lord knows we could use it these days, right?

The company I work for held our annual summer barbecue today. The food was terrific, and the weather was perfect (70, breezy, and overcast - i.e. no sunburn risk for the cadaverous-pallored likes of myself). Even better, they had caricaturists there once again, as they did a few years ago. I sat for one for the first time in a few years.

For reference, this is from 2015:


And here is this year's model (to quote Mr. Costello):


Alice and Deanna were kidding me earlier this afternoon about the apparent growth of, er, "the girls" in the intervening three years; I advised them it was a textbook case of artistic license. :D

Anyway, it was a fun day, and I'll be picking up a couple of frames to hang these up this weekend. :c)

Have a pleasant Friday, everyone!

***

Since I quoted Mr. McClanus earlier, I thought I should share a few songs from 1978's This Year's Model, the second in his amazing run of classic albums (from 1977's My Aim Is True to 1982's Imperial Bedroom). First up is a great live performance from the Capitol Theatre in Passaic NJ of "This Year's Girl":


And here's another from the same May 5, 1978 show; probably my favorite song from that album - "The Beat":


Man, were the Attractions an incredible band or what? Going to be listening to some EC this weekend, for sure...

4 comments:

Calie on June 15, 2018 at 5:22 PM said...

Umm....yes, your growing girls (to be expected of course) were the second thing I noticed after the hair. You know I've always been in love with your red locks, Cass, and it's clear the artists agree.

Cassidy on June 15, 2018 at 6:12 PM said...

Thank you, Miss C! :#) I can only wish the girls looked like this in real life! lol

How are you? We are long, long overdue for a chat! Let me know a good day/time, and let's make it happen! Meanwhile, have a great weekend, hon!

Hugs,
Cass

LL Cool Joe on June 21, 2018 at 5:17 PM said...

Well you know what they say about horizontal stripes! :D.

I love both drawings!

Cassidy on June 21, 2018 at 10:38 PM said...

lol Fair point; I hadn't considered that! ;D

(Thank you, Joey!)

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada