Just a Quick Update

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just wanted to post a quick update on a few items - nothing major, in case you aren't inclined to expand this post! :c)


I had an initial phone screen today for a new position. 

It's with a large corporation, and, given that I really want to move away from being a technical writer, also sounds interesting. 

Best of all, they won't be moving to another state; they just dropped millions to build a brand new building in a town that's less than 30 minutes from my parents' house, and even less from the town in which I want to live. That ought to keep them from getting a wandering eye!

The interview went well, I thought. The next step would be either an in-person or phone interview next week (today's interview was with a company recruiter based out West). Cross those fingers!

***

I was appalled at myself for neglecting to mention my favorite act at the music festival I attended last weekend: The Kennedys.

They're a husband/wife duo who have been making consistently buoyant, Beatles- & Byrds-esque folk-rock for nearly 20 years. And they're two of the nicest people you are likely to encounter, as well.

They had advance copies of their new album, Closer Than You Know, for sale at the festival. I picked up a copy and have been thoroughly enjoying it every day since.

Over the years, I have found that music has been my saving grace. Many times I got through a particularly difficult or trying moment by promising myself I would listen to some good music once I got through that moment. And in all these years, music never once let me down.

As I mentioned, I scrapped a lengthy post last week when it felt as if I had lost the thread somewhere along the way. I wasn't sure how; I simply knew I had. And I've been struggling ever since to figure out a) what I really wanted to say, and b) how to say it. It felt as if the answer was close; I simply couldn't articulate it.

Cut to yesterday afternoon.

While out for my daily walk yesterday afternoon, I was listening to one of the Kennedys' earlier albums while brainstorming about how to realize what I was trying to say.

I was thinking to myself how tired the ceaseless shenanigans at my current job make me, and about how it felt as though a) this job most  certainly is not a good place for me to be, and b) I was not doing what I was meant to be doing with my life - particularly now that my transition is underway. But I still couldn't put it into words.

Until the next song on my iPod began to play.

And suddenly I had the thread I needed, courtesy of Pete and Maura Kennedy.

If you can't wait to figure out what the answer they supplied was, here's a clue:


More to come to a blog near you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada