The Chronicles of Cass

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I realized the other day that for some reason I had never submitted my blog up to be listed at T-Central. Calie, bless her heart, was gracious enough to put aside my inner blonde taking over again :c), and added it to her roster.

My view count jumped within a few hours of her acceptance (thank you and welcome to any new readers!). So I thought I would follow the suggestion of a few friends and put up a post containing the entries that tell my story so far, more or less. The Chronicles of Cass, if you will. :c)

I say "more or less" because I have at least one additional lengthy post to write: puberty, when I finally realized who I was. As you can imagine, that is not an easy subject to address. But I will. I must.

Writing these other posts has been incredibly cathartic. I can only hope they help even one other person the way that reading similar posts helped me when I was starting my journey.

These are more or less chronological in order, but in a few instances are grouped thematically. I will admit up front that they may be a bit intense in spots. I tried to be as honest as possible, and sometimes the truth is painful.

I *do* have a sense of humor, though, albeit an offbeat one. (Or as my friend April puts it, "Nope. You're just weird." :c)). So, feel free to poke around if you need cheering up. Try anything labeled "Conversations with C," which are inspired by my occasional chats with my 19-year-old nephew C. He is, as you will see, a piece of work. In the best possible way, of course!

Thank you in advance for your patience in slogging through these! I hope you find them useful in some small way.

The Awakening #1
The Awakening #2
A Brief Explanation
Fearless Heart
The Famous Final Scene
Dress You Up
Another Brief Explanation
Release, Vol. I
Release, Vol. II
And *Another* Brief Explanation
Why Can't This Be Love?
Right Now
The Healing Game

***

Just to show that not *all* is doom and gloom in my little corner of the Web, here's the great Richard Thompson, with a cheerful ditty called "Now That I Am Dead":

:c)

5 comments:

A on January 1, 2013 at 11:48 PM said...

Well there goes the neighborhood.

Nothing more to say except:

"Gabba gabba, we accept you, we accept you, one of us." "Gabba gabba hey, gabba gabba hey!..."

Cassidy on January 1, 2013 at 11:53 PM said...

Hey! No fair making me laugh when I'm zonked on cough syrup and trying to fall asleep! But I'll let it slide since you quoted Joey Ramone. This time.

Cassidy on January 1, 2013 at 11:59 PM said...

Oh, and I'm also zonked on Benadryl. Ah, sweet, sweet Benadryl; how I adore you when I am flu-ridden...

Rhiannon on January 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM said...

At the risk of sounding sycophantic, I have really enjoyed reading your blogs so far. I've followed your structure from this email by way of intro which was helpful, thank you. A genuinely touching read that brought tears to my eyes at times. Thank you for sharing your stories so beautifully.

Rhi x

Cassidy on January 3, 2013 at 6:51 PM said...

Thank you very much, Rhiannon. (Beautiful name, by the way.) I'm glad you're enjoying them! I still am amazed that *anyone* reads them besides myself, let alone takes the time to offer such kind words.

Thank you again!!!

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada