Checkin' In With Cass

Friday, May 30, 2014

Hello all! Very quick post to let everyone know I am alive and well (or as close as I get) - and busy. Very, very busy. (I was up until nearly 2:00 AM on Wednesday night working on a project with my sister.)

Unfortunately, my schedule will not let up for another month or so, after which things should calm down substantially (she said hopefully).

Quite honestly, I need a break. It has been an intense two-and-a-half years since deciding to start HRT, and I am bone tired. Even my vacations of the past two years haven't been relaxing. I was dealing with the fallout from my transition each time, and with depression on several of them.

Things are better, even on less-than-great days. As I told my sister earlier tonight, experiencing a bad day as a girl - as myself - is infinitely better than a good day trying to pretend to be someone I was not. It is no contest. That being said, some downtime is clearly in order, and I hope to have some within the next 8-10 weeks.

***

On a light note, I had to mention that I have noticed that the impending arrival of summer seems to have all sorts of things blossoming - including, apparently, my hair:


I find that amazing. It really does seem to be growing like weeds, as the stylists at my salon say each time I come in.

I'm thrilled, needless to say :D - and hope that it keeps growing like this! I cannot wait until I can put it up. I am very much looking forward to that.

I'm getting my hair done tomorrow, btw - just the color, not a cut. We were thinking of going lighter for the summer, but I lovelovelove this shade of red. 

I have literally had total strangers come up to me on the street, unbidden, and tell me how striking this color is, and how it suits me. That would be flattering anywhere, but in Boston? It beggars disbelief. (Boston is consistently near the top of the list for rudest/unfriendliest US cities - and with good reason.)

As my manager L (who is from Texas) noted today after I told her, "Wait - people in New England are stopping to compliment you?!? You're sure they weren't tourists?" lol

Anyway, here's another pic, which also better shows off my new glasses. And note the crazy hair; summertime is coming when it starts to get out of control like this.


And on that note, may you all have a lovely, and hopefully summer-like - Friday! I am glad the weekend is almost here. :D

***

Sarah McLachlan, a long-time favorite of mine, just released her latest album, Shine On.  It's being hailed as one of her best, and I am inclined to agree. Here she is performing the leadoff single, "In Your Shoes."


P.S. I love her hair! :D

One more song, from the album that put her on the map, 1991's Solace. This is "Into The Fire," performed on Late Night with David Letterman in early 1992:

2 comments:

Stace on May 30, 2014 at 2:49 AM said...

Well, I was starting to worry! :p

I'm still trying to work out whether or not to get my hair trimmed back to the length it was for the witch photo (It's well over my shoulders now, and I think it's starting to get untidy...).But then, what if I get it cut and hate it? It's going to take an age to grow back to this length again.

As read somewhere recently, first world problems!

I'm thinking of going darker for the summer, darkish brown with a red sheen. I just have to get it organised now :p

Stace

Cassidy on May 30, 2014 at 11:57 PM said...

Glad I was able to alleviate your concern, Stace! :D

My two cents (which are not worth even that)? lol Keep it long! You can always wear it up, or in a French braid, ponytail, and so on. As you said, it took so long to get to this point; why cut it off and then possibly have to start over again?

Also, I like the red highlights, Stace. That would be a great look for you. Not that I am biased in any way about the merits of being a ginger, of course. ;-p

Have a good weekend, hon!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada