Musings: New 'Do, New Dress

Monday, May 11, 2015

Hi everyone. Lots to write about, but for now I'll just share a few photos taken today (and some musings at the end, which basically showed up, unbidden, as I wrote this just now).

I had my hair done last Friday, which basically means I haven't had time to mess up my stylist's handiwork too badly yet. (Only half-joking...) Anyway, she gets full credit for any compliments. :)


Follow below the fold for a few more photos, and some ponderings as well...




First up, a few photos, as promised.

Here's a full-length shot (minus my ugly feet) of the dress:


We hit 95F (35C) here yesterday (Sunday), if you can believe it. (By contrast, it was 41F (5C) when I dropped my car off to be inspected at 7:30 AM on Saturday.) It was 80F and very humid when I left for work this morning, so I felt comfortable wearing this dress.

Naturally, a sea breeze then kicked up in the late morning - quite common here in spring - and the temperature dropped to 52F in barely an hour. My sartorial choice looked somewhat less stellar as I shivered my way through the quarter-mile walk to my car after work.

And here's my new denim jacket, which I wore all evening after arriving home in a futile attempt to warm up. At least it's comfy. :)


It's supposed to jump back up to near 90F tomorrow - and then drop down dramatically again early tomorrow evening. Sigh. Crazy New England weather...

Just realized I'm wearing my hair up in all of these photos. I'll include one with it down next time; it's getting longer, finally...

***
That is a perfect segue to play a gorgeous song from one of my favorite bands - "Four Seasons In One Day," from Crowded House:


Neil Finn wrote this about, and for, Paul Hester, the band's drummer, who suffered from manic depression. It's a beautiful song about love, compassion, and forgiveness.

Smiling as the s*** comes down
You can judge a man by what he has to say
Everything gets turned around
But I will risk my neck again, again

You can take me where you will
Up the creek and through the mill
Like all the things you can't explain
Four seasons in one day

I often have Crowded House songs running in my head; no surprise there, as Neil Finn is a supremely  gifted songwriter. This song has shown up regularly the past few weeks, which is likely a message from my subconscious to take heed of its message. And so I shall.

7 comments:

Jenna on May 12, 2015 at 2:51 AM said...

OMG hun!!! I got my hair done one the weekend and its very like yours in shade. Will have to post a picture so you can see when I get a chance.

Stace on May 12, 2015 at 3:23 AM said...

I'll keep this quick as I'm on super expensive data roaming right now...

Love the hair! As I've been freezing all winter in summer dresses I won't comment on that bit :please

As for crowded house - absolutely love them. Not only Finn's writing, but his haunting voice too!

Stace

Rhiannon on May 12, 2015 at 2:58 PM said...

Looking fantastic Cass - lovely lady! :o) x

Ashley W. on May 13, 2015 at 9:12 PM said...

You are way too cute! :)

Cassidy on May 16, 2015 at 9:03 PM said...

@ Jenna: Can't wait to see your new look - once you've taken care of more pressing matters. :c) (Congratulations again!!!)

@ Rhiannon: Thank you hon! Much appreciated!

@ Ashely: Thank you as well! Hope your electrolysis is going well. :)

@ Stace: I know how you feel about summer dresses and chilly weather. We suffer for fashion, clearly. :D

I didn't know you were a fellow Crowded House fan! I've seen them half a dozen times, and they never disappoint. I've also seen Neil solo and with his brother. All were wonderful. He truly is the consummate singer, songwriter, and musician.

Thank you all again!

Hugs,
Cass

LL Cool Joe on May 17, 2015 at 6:01 PM said...

You are getting prettier every day. :)

Cassidy on May 17, 2015 at 10:50 PM said...

Thank you so much, Joey. You are so sweet!!!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada