Blast From The (Semi-Recent) Past

Monday, March 7, 2016


]



Hello all - another off-day post, since I never got to post one this weekend. Follow along below the fold for a quick update...



My cheek is coming along as well as can be expected five days post-surgery. I was able to change the original dressing on Friday evening and get my first look at the scar.

I will spare you the gory details (and definitely will not share a photo - trust me on this one), but suffice it to say I will be investing heavily in concealer for the foreseeable future. :-/

It doesn't really hurt; I would instead describe it as "uncomfortable." That said, sleeping has been a bit of a challenge, as you might imagine, particularly since I normally sleep on my right side. Fortunately, the stitches come out on Wednesday; hopefully things will begin to improve then. If nothing else, I can start to run again; I have been going stir-crazy.

We are also in the stretch run at work, with Friday being my big deadline. I went in to the office over the weekend, which I would have preferred not doing. Doing so, though, meant that while this upcoming week, will be very busy, it will not be overwhelming (she said hopefully).

I am truly looking forward to getting past this week, for a number of reasons. It's been a challenging few months, as I've mentioned, but after this week things should slow down somewhat on several fronts. I can't elaborate quite yet on all of it, but soon.

I am very much looking forward to a bit of down time, relatively speaking. The past few months, and particularly the last month, have been frantic. I am worn out, and a number of people have told me it shows. I've learned my lesson about pushing too hard (well, mostly learned it), and plan to ease up a bit to recharge my batteries. I need to; the rest of this year is, as I have teased several times, is going to be the biggest of my life for several reasons. I can't wait to finally move on to the next phase.

***

I'm going to wrap this up here, but I wanted to mention the pictures at the top of the post. They were taken several months ago - last November, in fact. As you might be able to guess, I discovered I was being photographed surreptitiously, which explains a) my somewhat disheveled appearance (it was bedtime), and b) the look of surprise on my face in the first picture. I wasn't all that upset though, as the second shot indicates. :c)

To be honest, I'd forgotten about them, but J (the photographer) noticed them on her phone recently and was nice enough to send them to me.

I hardly look my best (I don't think I've ever posted a shot of me in my glasses, for instance), but I think these shots capture me in a real way. As J told me, "This is how I see you when I think of you, Cass." I will take that as a compliment. :c)

Thank you again for sharing these pictures - and that moment - with me, hon. xoxoxo

***

I've been listening to quite a bit of John Coltrane the past few weeks - never a bad thing, needless to say. Here's a great performance of "Impressions," with the amazing Eric Dolphy sitting in, from French television in 1961. The video quality isn't the best, but the sound is perfect. And the performance... well, that speaks for itself. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Jenna on March 8, 2016 at 2:06 AM said...

Glad that you're deadline is coming up and that you'll get some downtime. I've got a couple more weeks until our next deadline, just got to try and finish the work I actually have to do while also reviewing other people's work for them.

I love the first picture, J really caught you there. I have a piiture of a friend that I took the other weekend which she will probably hate but which I think has her personality shining through.

Look forward to your next post, even if its a belated one ;-)

Cassidy on March 8, 2016 at 10:39 PM said...

Thank you, hon. Good luck to you as well.

I really like the first one too. I usually hate shots of me wearing my glasses, but I like this one. (Both of them, really.) I'll share another pic took of me in my next post; she seemed to know how to take pictures of me for some reason...

Hoping to write my next post over the weekend; hopefully I won't be too tired after the next few days!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada