The Heroines of My Life: My Interview!!!

Monday, July 10, 2017


Hello all! Hope you had a lovely weekend and a good Monday. Summer is definitely here in New England, and I'm doing my best to enjoy it. :c)

So, this post is an announcement, as I'd promised in my last missive. However, it isn't the announcement I was referring to. Instead, it's a shameless bid for self-glorification. ("So how is that different from any of her other posts?" I hear puzzled readers asking themselves. :D) 

Joking aside, here's the big reveal: I had the honor of being interviewed recently for The Heroines of My Life, the wonderful blog run by Monika Kowalska. (I still have to read that sentence several times to believe it!) 

On the off-chance you haven't yet had the opportunity to check out THOML, Monika has interviewed - wait for it - four hundred and twenty-two women (yes, 422), and has shared their stories on her blog. It was one of a handful of blogs I found during the early days of my transition that truly spoke to me and helped give me the courage to believe that I, too, could be who I truly was.  

In her introduction, Monika says the women she has interviewed "radiate with wisdom, beauty, intelligence, and love." Whether I possess any of those qualities is, er, debatable. lol, However, I can assure you that all of Monika's other interviewees certainly do possess them. As does Monika, needless to say. Thank you again for this honor!!! 

You can find the interview here:


Be sure to check out the other interviews as well. You'll be as inspired as I always am, guaranteed!

***

Steve Earle's new album, So You Wannabe an Outlaw, has been on heavy rotation in my car and home stereos ever since it came out a few weeks ago. As consistent as he has been throughout his career, this is clearly one of his best, and is being compared with his earlier career peaks, particularly his 1986 debut Guitar Town (1986). That is high praise; it is entirely justified. 

Here's the barn burner of a title track:



Take note: the album version features none other than Willie Nelson!

And here's what is my favorite song so far: the haunting "Goodbye Michelangelo," written in honor his friend and mentor, the great Guy Clark.


This was his first public performance of it, and he did Guy proud.


Have a good week, everyone!

7 comments:

Jenna on July 11, 2017 at 3:01 AM said...

Thank you for the mention in your interview xx

Jenna on July 11, 2017 at 1:18 PM said...

Monika is right, you do show the qualities she says. You just need to read through your posts and you can see each of them xx

Cassidy on July 11, 2017 at 8:02 PM said...

You are very welcome, Jenna. :c) And thank you! I can say the same about your posts, needless to say. xoxoxo

Hugs,
Cass

Stace on July 19, 2017 at 4:03 AM said...

Hey Cass,

That was a great interview, and as Jenna said: thanks for the mention :)

(And listen to Jenna, she has a point about needing to reread your posts! :) )

Groetjes,
Stace

Cassidy on July 20, 2017 at 10:29 PM said...

My pleasure, Stace!!! And thank you for the kind words!

Hope the running is going well. I somehow tweaked my hamstring, so I'm sidelined for the moment. Grr... Hopefully I'll be back out there asap!!!

Have a great weekend, hon! And thank you again. :c)

Hugs,
Cass

Becca on August 14, 2017 at 3:32 PM said...

Long time, no read !

Glad to see you are doing well and looking fabulous

Cassidy on August 17, 2017 at 8:51 PM said...

Well, *hello*, Miss Becca!!! :D What a lovely surprise! Thank you so much for the lovely thoughts. I hope you are doing equally well on the other side of the pond, hon.

Take care, and thank you again for the kind words! Don't be a stranger, OK? :c)

Hugs & love,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada