GCS? Y-E-S! (a/k/a Miss Cass Goes to Montreal!)

Thursday, September 21, 2017

No burying the lead here: your humble blogstress Cassidy is in Montreal, and had my GCS on Monday with Dr. Brassard! Woo hoo!!!

I'm feeling as well as I could possibly hope so far, other than one bout with light-headedness/dizziness after walking from the hospital to the convalescence center yesterday morning. I did a bit too much too soon in that case, but otherwise I'm fine so far. Fingers crossed it continues this way!

The entire staff here, from Dr. Brassard himself on down, is absolutely wonderful. A special shout-out to the lovely Miss V, at the Gite du Marigot. Miss you already, girl!

As for the food... Oh. My. God. I told one of the nurses yesterday that the food is so good I've decided to just stay here permanently. lol

(My manager L, meanwhile, who has very kindly taken over attending my team meetings in my absence, asked if I could have Dr. Brassard send *her* some of my drugs. lol I guess we can't *all* win in these deals...  ;-p)

I want to finish with a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU to Alice, who was with me from my arrival here in Montreal on Saturday until I finally (albeit begrudgingly) agreed to loan her back to her husband  B yesterday. ;-p Thank you so much, hon; love you to pieces!!! xoxoxo xoxoxo And the same to Halle, who has been checking in several times each day to check on me and fill me in on what to expect next. Love you, hon!!! xoxoxo

Time to wrap up; I drafted this at 4:00 AM after a quick trip to the bathroom. (Cass's quick tip: water is your post-surgery friend. Even if it means becoming  VERY well-acquainted with the bathroom. lol) I don't want to wake up my roommate, the sweet and lovely Miss A, so I'll stop here. We want her in top form when her equally sweet boyfriend D comes by later today. (You two rock!)

Be well, everyone! More soon! xoxoxo

12 comments:

Jenna on September 22, 2017 at 1:05 AM said...

Congratulations hun. Welcome to the post GCS world. Glad it all went well.

Calie on September 22, 2017 at 5:12 PM said...

I am soooooo happy for you, girl! This is very emotional for me. Often a trigger, but the tears in my eyes right now are tears for you.

Love,
Calie

Cassidy on September 22, 2017 at 6:30 PM said...

Thank you, Jenna. Still sore, but every day I'm feeling better. I'm thinking of you all every day, hon. Take care. xoxoxo

Cassidy on September 22, 2017 at 6:34 PM said...

Thank you so much, Calie. xoxoxo I hope you received the message I sent last week. (Several I sent to folks didn't seem to get through.) I wouldn't be here without your friendship and support, hon.

Once I'm back home we must arrange a time to chat. Fortunately I'll have time the next two months! lol

Be well, hon! Love you! xoxoxo

Halle on September 22, 2017 at 7:03 PM said...

Yeah, the food there! Wow!! Cooking for myself is bad enough, but comparing with theirs!!! Unfair. But seriously, I know you couldn't possibly be in better hands.

Love you back!! xoxoxo

Cassidy on September 22, 2017 at 7:08 PM said...

Lasagna for lunch, then chicken fajitas tonight... who knows what Mama Bear is going to whip up for tomorrow? ;-p

Be well, hon! xoxoxo

Dawn Wyvern on September 23, 2017 at 2:43 AM said...

Congrats !! onward and upward and hope your recovery goes smoothly.
Make sure that the nursing staff warm their hands first !!
hugs
xxx

joanna Santos on September 23, 2017 at 6:35 AM said...

Congratulations Cassidy I know it's been a long journey to get where you are. Hope the pain subsides quickly and you can get a taste of my beautiful city. Unfortunately I am living in Toronto these days otherwise woukd have wanted to say hello...

Cassidy on September 23, 2017 at 10:49 PM said...

Words to live by! lol ;-p

Thank you, Dawn! So far so good!!! :D

Hugs,
Cass

Cassidy on September 23, 2017 at 10:53 PM said...

Thank you very much, Joanna! It has indeed been a long journey, but all of the hard work is paying off now. Yea!

I wish I had more time to explore, but I'll certainly be back to explore this beautiful city in the future. Toronto as well. Watch this space for news on that front in the next few months. :D

Thank you again, hon! Be well!!! xoxoxo

Hugs,
Cass

Becca on October 7, 2017 at 4:46 PM said...

La dee da.....and there was me thinking if that lady is ever going to get on with it :). Pleased, very pleased for you. I hope the recovery continues to go well

Cassidy on October 7, 2017 at 6:11 PM said...

Thank you, Miss B. :-p I've deliberately left out the tortuous process to get to this point. Let's just say there were a number of roadblocks beyond my control (a large number), otherwise this would have happened long, long before this. But now it's done, and I can finally look forward to living the life I should have all along. Can't wait! :D

Thank you again, hon! Hope all is well with you!!!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada