Cassi-DJ - The Songs (9.07.19)

Saturday, September 7, 2019


Hello folks! Just got home from sitting in with my friend Mike on his radio show, as mentioned in yesterday's post. For anyone who missed it and would like to hear it, I have an MP3 copy of the show; drop me a line and I can share it. (It's two hours, with all of the songs included.)

If anyone is interested, here are the songs I played during my set:

Dire Straits: "Wild West End," from their 1978 self-titled debut album. This is a lovely live version from the same year:


Blue Rodeo: "Hasn't Hit Me Yet," from 1993's Five Days in July; this is a live version from their appearance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien:


The Tragically Hip: "Bobcaygeon," which will likely prove to be their most enduring song, from 1998's Phantom Power:


Sarah Harmer: "Greeting Card Aisle," from her 2004 album All Of Our Names:


Bruce Cockburn: "Night Train," from his 1997 album The Charity of Night (play this one loud, especially the guitar solo at the end!):


And finally Jonatha Brooke: "Ten Cent Wings," from her 1997 album of the same name:


Hope you like the songs and/or the show. I'll be sitting in again with Mike the first weekend in October, so mark your calendars now! :c)

2 comments:

Calie on September 7, 2019 at 12:57 PM said...

Yes Cassie Girl! I want the MP3. Got up too late to listen.

Love,
Calie xx

Cassidy on September 7, 2019 at 1:56 PM said...

I'll get you a copy, Miss C - 6:00 AM is definitely a bit early to wake up for a radio show! :c)

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada