An announcement

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So… there's something I need to say. 

Something I've suspected for more than a few months now.

But I wasn't sure.

It's one of those things that gradually sneaks up on you while you aren't paying attention. 

That gentle, insistent voice in your mind that never quite goes away, even when you might wish that it would.

Then, one day, out of the blue, it hits you like a thunderbolt. 

And when that happens, there's no use denying the truth.

I told myself when I decided to transition that I wouldn't limit myself in any way. And that I would be completely open to new experiences. And that I would share them, instead of hiding out because of shame, or guilt, or fear.

Accordingly, I've decided it's time to finally acknowledge, publicly, to myself and to you, how I feel in my heart of hearts.  

So… here goes:

I'm in love.

Yes. 

It's true.

I've said it. In public. For all the world to see.

And the object of my affection, you ask?

It's...


A web site.

Well, actually, it's sister web sites. ("Well, of course they're sister web sites," I hear you saying.)

Anyway, they're called listsofnote.com and lettersofnote.com

And they're both AWESOME.

As the names state, they're a collection of lists and letters, respectively. Some from famous folks. Some not.

While in the throes of a my semi-regular bout with insomnia last night, I came across two lists that caught my attention. Even in my sleep-deprived, pre-caffeinated state, I recognized the wisdom of both, and realized I had a duty to share my new-found knowledge with all of you.

So, without further ado:



Peruse them at your leisure - preferably while striving to prevent your person from becoming unattractive or slovenly. Because men HATE that. (See #3 in Ten Rules for Wives.) 

Doing so will also prevent you from flirting in haste with slick, dandified cake-eaters. Let's face it, we all know how that ends: in a hair-pulling match. (See #s 1, 4, and 8 in The Anti-Flirt Club.)

So, read and learn, girls. Read and learn.

Thus concludes this public service announcement. 

***

To take us out, a group of gentlemen I am certain have never, ever been mistaken for cake eaters of either the slick or  dandified persuasion: 



For that matter, neither have the gents who wrote the original - the mighty, mighty Clash:




And just because it's The Clash we're talking about, and because, to my surprise, I've never posted anything from one of my favorite bands, two personal favorites: 







2 comments:

bashashhazbaz on March 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM said...

i thought this was a rather amusing public service announcement!

Cassidy on March 12, 2013 at 5:00 PM said...

This blog takes pride in meeting all of our readers' needs. :c)

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada