Kiss the Bride(?)

Saturday, March 24, 2012


So, I had one of those fun "If only you knew what I was *really* thinking" conversations last night.

I was out for a walk after work and came up to a major intersection. It  was rush hour, so I was waiting for the lights to cycle through before the walk signal came on.

I turned around and noticed a beautiful wedding gown in the window of a small boutique. I had been idly looking at it for a moment when I heard a woman's voice behind me. 

"Thinking about your big day?"

I turned around and saw an older woman smiling at me as she nodded in the direction of the gown. 

I returned her smile.

"I am," I said.

"Is that what her gown looks like?" she asked.

I thought for a moment.

"To tell you the truth, I don't know," I said.

The walk signal came on.

"Well, I'm sure she'll be beautiful," she said over her shoulder as she waved and walked off. I returned her wave as I started off in the other direction.

"I hope so," I said to myself, still smiling.

To be continued…

(I hope!)

***

Here's a terrific rocker from Elton John's 1983 comeback album, Too Low For Zero. This is the album that reunited him with Bernie Taupin and the core of the 1970s band, with whom he recorded that string of classic albums. 




2 comments:

Jessica Lyn on March 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM said...

One day at a time girl, one day at a time.

Cassidy on March 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM said...

:c)

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada