So, It's Come To This Already... :c)

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

So... I come home from my post-workout cool-down at Starbucks, where I've rewarded myself with my favorite toffee nut iced coffee.

(While there, I somehow wound up serving as the middle girl in an animated text message exchange between my manager L and April. The end result is that L announced the following:

a) My parents need to adopt both her and April. (She's tasted my mother's brownies; 'nuff said.)

b) She is going to join April and I on our girls-only road trip. Well, one of them, anyway; we're up to about ten destinations so far!

We were a bit reluctant to add anyone, even someone as cool as L - until she mentioned her Dad's vintage '65 Mustang.

His fire engine red Mustang.

Which is a convertible.

And which comes with a working 8-track player.

L and I are hoping that the smelling salts finally awaken April from her bliss-induced reverie upon hearing all of this at some point in the next 24 hours.)

But I digress.

Again. :c)




So I arrive home and put away my groceries. (Yes, I did buy honey BBQ chips; no, I did not buy creme soda. I was tempted though.) Then I put my dinner in the oven and hopped in the shower.

(Note: This time I did NOT come close to burning down the house by overcooking my chicken cutlets. Bravo for life's little victories!)

I decided not to use the epilator tonight; I need to spread out my torture over the week, not just squeeze it all into a few nights when I epilate and/or have electrolysis/laser. Share the misery, I always say.

As I towel off post-shower, I open up my closet and stare at the racks filled with the outfits I've bought the past few months, as well as the near-complete wardrobe from my friends at the electrologist's office.

After quickly rifling through the entire contents - over 100 items of clothing - in approximately 5.2 seconds, this is what flashed through my mind:

"<sigh> I have *nothing* to wear!"

O_O

Oh.

My.

God.

It is official.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt:

I am a girl!

Consider the signs:

I am constantly cold.

I have an unnatural obsession with the relative merits of hair conditioners.

I am rapidly building a sprawling menagerie of stuffed animals that are threatening to take over my entire bed.

I hate the Three Stooges.

And now... this.

While we all wait for a driver's license and birth certificate with that coveted "F" on it...

Just thinking this is all the proof any jury would need.

So... mark those calendars, folks: on March 25, 2013...

Cass truly joined the ranks of sisterhood!

I plan to celebrate by shopping tomorrow night.

Of course, I was planning to shop anyway, but now I have an excuse to buy those cute boots I have been eying.

Life is good. :c)

***

Another way-cool tune from Johnny Marr's stellar new album - a live version this time:


Such a great album!!!

8 comments:

bashashhazbaz on March 26, 2013 at 9:51 AM said...

rock on! that sounds like one fun trip for sure!

bashashhazbaz on March 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM said...

and your mode of transportation is one sweet ride!

Cassidy on March 27, 2013 at 12:01 AM said...

We may all wind up hospitalized from excessive laughter! April and I run that risk every time we start texting one another. :c)

We somehow started exchanging dog- and cat-related puns (I *love* puns!) last Friday evening; I was laughing so hard by the time we declared a cease-fire 45 minutes later that I was getting even stranger looks than I usually do.

As April noted, "Beagle-ad [groan!] we don't live closer together, Cass; if we were having these conversations face-to-face, we'd be kicked out of every coffee shop in a 50 mile radius in less than a week!"

Yup, the Mustang is gonna be a blast! A friend had one years ago - also a '65, if memory serves, and also fire-engine red. I'm not particularly into cars, but this was SO much fun to drive around in! Ah, memories... :c)

Hugs,
Cass

bashashhazbaz on March 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM said...

you sound like a lot of fun!

Calie on March 27, 2013 at 9:57 PM said...

Sweet!

jeanie on March 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM said...

Hey Cass,
Road trip does sound like a blast. Just don't pull a Thelma and Louise on us. Love my convertible, open roads, foot to the floor, wind through the hair, sun on the face and the loud blasting radio. Take sunscreen....even in the northeast.
Jeanie

Stace on March 29, 2013 at 3:06 PM said...

Wow, you have a much more extensive wardrobe than I have managed to get. I think.

But I know what you mean. There are time when you just stand there looking at skirts in all colours and lengths, trousers in at least 4 colours and tops to match and still there is nothing there. :)

And you and I are going to fall out! A road trip in a '65 soft top, red Mustang! I am soooo jealous! Assuming it has the 289cid engine and a white leather interior (and maybe the rally pack for the dials and chrome) then it fits the bill for one of my top three cars of all time! I would love the chance to have a go in one (actually I want to do route 1 in said car...)

Enjoy yourself!

Stace

Cassidy on March 31, 2013 at 6:48 PM said...

@ bashashhazbaz:

Thank you. However, I suspect a lot of people would disagree with that assessment. :c) Neurotic, absent-minded, clumsy, goofy... those would probably top the list in a poll of my friends! lol

@ Calie:

Exactly. :c)

@ Jeanie:

April will no doubt insist on doing all of the driving, but I will work on my Fred Flintstone heels of steel" emergency brake moves as well. (If it happens in cartoons, it *has* to be real, right?)

As far as the sunscreen, I have to apply it when I turn on a nightlight, so have no fear on that account!

@ Stace:

Your point is well-taken about not finding what you want! However, I clearly left the wrong impression. :c) I have a nice start to my wardrobe, but there are a lot of gaps - especially with tops, for some reason. *That* was why I was being, well, girly again (this seems to be cropping up a lot in my life recently lol).

I'm afraid your car commentary was utterly lost on me after "jealous"! :c) I haven't the faintest idea what any of the terms you mentioned refer to! You and April are clearly birds of a feather in this regard; she could bend your ear for hours on this topic, I suspect. (Yes, I speak from experience...)

And *please* don't de-friend me as a result of my future road-trip! You have an open invitation, sweetie - Mrs. Stace as well! Just knock yourself out pre-flight, and you will be dreaming of getting your kicks on Route 66 as you wing your way to the Colonies!

And if that doesn't work, well, I hear Europe is awfully nice for a road trip as well! I *will* get over there at some point; may as well start planning the itinerary early!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada