My LBD

Friday, October 24, 2014

It's been an awful week, the latest in a string of them. There are various reasons, which I may go into at some point. But for now, suffice it to say that I have been feeling as low as I have felt in a long, long time.

I was meeting a friend for dinner tonight, and at the last possible second I noticed this dress in my closet and decided to try it on.

I'd bought it a year ago, but frankly I was too fat to wear it, thanks to the Biblical run of calamities the past two-plus years. But after three months of intensive running it fits... well, better than it did. (But not as well as it is going to fit with another three-six months of running.)

I was glad I tried it on. I still don't feel great, but I forced myself to go out and get relatively dressed up to do so. Just like I've forced myself to keep running during this tough stretch. More on that in another post.

Anyway, a few shots of my first Little Black Dress. And also my messy living room, provided at no additional cost to you, the reader.




Hope everyone has a good weekend...

***

A favorite song from one of my favorite bands.



7 comments:

Joyful Girl on October 25, 2014 at 1:12 AM said...

So cute!! Hope things get better and you feel up soon.

Halle on October 25, 2014 at 5:35 AM said...

SIX MILES!! WOW!!

You need to run in Canada though where it looks even more impressive.

Ten Kliks, eh.

Looking good Cass. :-D

Jenna on October 25, 2014 at 6:30 AM said...

You look fab. That dress really suits you xx

Ashley W. on October 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling down Cass. Hope things get better for you. ♥

That dress looks fantastic on you, by the way.

Cassidy on October 25, 2014 at 11:14 PM said...

Thank you, everyone.

bashashhazbaz on February 3, 2015 at 5:32 PM said...

wooo--i like your LBD!

Cassidy on February 4, 2015 at 12:14 AM said...

Thank you, hon - although I've learned I need to wear a belt with it (and other dresses I've bought); now that I'm running a lot of them don't fit! But there are worse things to deal with, I suppose.

Thank you again for all of your sweet comments today. They are very much appreciated. :c)

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada