Cass's Media Conquest Continues: My First Video (Plus... A Bit of News!)

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hi all! Hope everyone had a good week.

This will be brief, as it's late (nearly 2:40 AM - blame extra-inning playoff baseball games).

That said, I *do* have something to share: a bit of news, and...

Something else; now, what was it again?

Oh, that's right...

My very first video! :D


Yes, that's right; in my ongoing quest to conquer all media platforms, I've expanded my realm to include poorly filmed, shakily edited, semi-coherent videos. Lord help us all. (Community Access Cable... you're next!!!)

This is the first in what I hope will be a series of videos, depending on whether or not this one crashes the Internet and/or leads to one too many libel suits.

This is basically an introduction about myself, and what I hope those theoretical future videos will cover.

And that leads me to the second item mentioned above: my news. What is it, you ask?

Well, guess who went from not being able to run more than 60 seconds at the beginning of August to running for 35 minutes (and approximately 5k, or 3.1 miles) as of last Friday, October 3?

This girl, that's who!!! :D




Stay tuned for more on why I've become a runner (I love being able to say that!), why I decided to start making videos, and what is coming up in the weeks and months ahead on Cass's calendar. Hope you enjoy the video!!!

***

A few run-themed songs to round out the post. First, the great Del Shannon, playing Late Night with David Letterman in 1986:


Next, Jackson Browne's 1977 ode to being on the road:


And finally, this stunner from what is arguably Kate Bush's masterpiece, 1985's Hounds of Love album:


Thanks for reading (and watching)!!!

7 comments:

Halle on October 5, 2014 at 9:22 PM said...

Great video Cass!

Cassidy on October 5, 2014 at 11:09 PM said...

Thank you, Halle! :D

Hugs,
Cass

Jenna on October 6, 2014 at 1:37 AM said...

I love Kate Bush. I had Hounds of Love on vinyl. Really need to have a look see if I've bought it on CD and remedy that if I've not. I have a few other albums on CD.
Wish I'd been able to go and see her when she was doing her recent shows. Would have been brilliant, she's such a talented performer, far underrated in my opinion.

Cassidy on October 6, 2014 at 8:52 PM said...

Hi Jenna,

Totally agree about her brilliance; she is a true artist. She is very much a cult figure here in America, but that cult is passionate.

Her most recent albums, 50 Words for Snow and Aerial, are both well worth the purchase, particularly Snow. Just an amazing album.

I too wish I could have seen her on her recent concert run. Rumor has it the shows were filmed, so hopefully a DVD will be forthcoming. Fingers crossed!

Hugs,
Cass

Stace on October 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM said...

Hoi Cass,

I have to admit whilst I love Kate Bush I only have her best of Album rather than any particular one. But I will have to see if the ones you mention here are available on Spotify to listent to :) (And then if I like them get them on CD so that I can rip them to FLAC!)

As for the running: well done! And thanks! I have been doing 4.25km for a couple of months and this was the inspiration I needed to get me back to 5 (31:30 - not bad for a first attempt :) )

I'm going to keep this up for a couple of months to see how my knee copes and if all if well go to 6 in December with the aim of being back to 7 by February (of course should the ever elusive surgery actually happen that will be out of the window :p )

Stace

Jenna on October 7, 2014 at 3:18 AM said...

Cass,
I have Aerial and agree its a great album, different to her earlier work I feel. Haven't got 50 Words for Snow yet, however, as I'm going into work late this morning that may change by lunchtime as I have to go near our local HMV while doing some errands.
Would certainly love to see the shows if they are released on DVD.

Cassidy on October 9, 2014 at 10:40 PM said...

@ Jenna: I see from your most recent post that you did, indeed, make it to HMV. Hope you're enjoying 50 Words as much as I have! I'm also curious about Director's Cut, which sounds like an interesting project. One of these days, I suppose...

@ Stace: You really can't go wrong with any Kate Bush album. She is a serious artist, and all of her work is worth checking out. I would say Hounds of Love is a great place to start; The Dreaming will give you a good feel for her early work. (She released her first album when she was 19 years old!)

Thank you for the kind words re: my running. I really love it - even yesterday, when every step was a struggle. (It was by far the most difficult run I've had since I started.) 31:30 is amazing! I would say 7K by February is quite do-able for both of us, although I hope to work on improving my pace in the months to come. And of course your surgery trumps all - even running! :)

Don't know if you're on Facebook, btw, but Muse have been posting daly updates - from the studio! They're working on their next album as you read this - yea!!! Cannot wait to hear it (they're saying sometime next spring)!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada