Speaking Confidentially (Pt. 2)

Thursday, July 7, 2011

If Kelly's Big Reveal Weekend had a theme, it was learning to improvise. After a great day at the festival, we decamped for the restaurant where T & J had made reservations the previous evening. 

Or so they thought. We arrive to find that not only is the joint a-jumpin', but our reservation was actually for the previous evening, the day on which the embarrassed hostess admits she'd inadvertently entered it.

Oh well. At least the waitress was a hoot. She was so flustered by the crazy-for-Sunday-night crowd that she declared she was about to hang herself from the center rafter using her bra. (We left a big tip after she promised to resist that particular urge.) :c)

So, as it turned out, the Big Reveal Pt. II took place in a parking garage at 10:00 PM (insert your own Deep Throat joke here), as semi-drunken revelers screeched by in their SUVs and one oblivious tie-dyed gentleman decided to unburden himself, in extreme, heavily-footnoted detail, of his entire checkered history with the festival promoter. (Note to festival producer: well-meaning tie-dyed guy was correct that it would be great if performers can can sell their merchandise all the time, even when the festival isn't officially taking place...)

In spite of the er, unique circumstances, T & J took in the news in their typically kind, big-hearted way. T said he was honored that I trusted them enough to tell them and asked what they could do to help. J gave me one of her patented soul-warming hugs, promising that they would be there for me no matter what and saying they just want me to be happy.

Have I mentioned what extraordinary friends I have? :c) 

Along with F, they offered to go out with me when I feel comfortable enough to venture out in public as Kelly for the first time. (And J immediately said yes when I asked for help with clothes shopping, advising me that "you don't ask a girl if she can shop; you ask her when she can shop." Duly noted.) So Kelly's first road trip is shaping for sometime this fall, I'm guessing. Hilarity will no doubt ensue.

I had my "yes, you really did it" moment about an hour after I got home (followed by "well, you're not unringing that bell, Miss Kelly…" :c)). And it felt good. I wasn't all that nervous, which is pretty much how I felt all week. In fact, I plan to tell several more friends at the end of the month when they visit for yet another festival weekend. And I have a hunch those will go well… er, as well. :c) 

All jocularity aside, things couldn't have gone any better. It's a well-spent weekend when you're reminded yet again of your good fortune to have such amazing friends in your life. I can only hope they feel 1/1000th as lucky as I do. And may everyone on this journey be similarly blessed.





2 comments:

Cynthia Jane on July 7, 2011 at 11:55 PM said...

Hi Kelly,

It's always wonderful to hear that your friends are there to accept and help you in any way they can. Doesn't matter where the conversation takes place, only that it does and that it goes as swell as you said.

Blessings, Prayers, and Hugs,

Cynthia

Kelly on July 8, 2011 at 1:04 AM said...

It sure is, Cynthia. :c)

I have to admit, I started to laugh when my fellow festival-goer wandered over to join our little confab. It was kinda clear we were having an intense discussion, but I guess that didn't register. Then again, one friend nicknamed me Captain Oblivious, so this could be a case of Miss Pot, Miss Kettle, and so on.

Thank you again, Cynthia. BTW, I started reading your blog, and hope all is going well. I also think prayer can be beneficial. Hey, if the Red Sox can win the World Series (twice!), then they obviously work! (The Mariners winning may be too much even for The Big Fan In The Sky to pull off, but hope springs eternal...)

== K

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada