Unveiling... Me!

Monday, January 14, 2013

So... I've decided it is high time for me to introduce myself to the world.

And what better time than the present, right?

So without further ado...

Meet Cass!

(Below the fold - you don't think I'm going to make it easy for you, do you?)





Now, now... I didn't say at what age you would meet me, did I?

I'm a year old in this picture. And while I realize it looks like one of Matthew Brady's Civil War daguerreotypes, I am not, in fact, a centenarian two-plus times over. It's badly faded because of how it was stored.

My sister found this on Saturday while hunting through a closet, and gave it to me last night when I came over for dinner (homemade lasagna - yum!).

"You should have been using product in that hair, Cass," she said after handing to me, shaking her head. "God, what am I going to do with you?"

Later, my brother looked at me, looked at the photo, then looked at me again.

"You were a good-looking child," he said. "What happened?"

As you can probably guess, there are very few swelled heads in my family. :c)

Oh, and for the record, I'm no longer as blonde as I am in this photo. I'm right on the line between very light brown and dark blonde. So for those of you so inclined <coughAprilcough>, feel free to pass along your dumb blonde jokes - if you dare. I am armed and ready with my own zingers to return fire...

***

Today's tune, from a band much closer to my actual generation:


6 comments:

A on January 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM said...

You know you can change your hair colour but mere dye won't remove the blonde.

Cassidy on January 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM said...

And then there are those of us who *willingly* go blonde. I would be loathe to admit that about myself, but hey, I admire your honesty. ("Honesty"means "telling the truth," btw. Apologies for using a word with more than two syllables...)

A on January 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM said...

Naturally blonde and blue eyed, what can I say, except don't hate me because I am awesome

Cassidy on January 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM said...

I suppose I qualify as well. Or did at one point. (Still blue-eyed; hair is debatable. At least we both still have it, though!) I notice the humility gene apparently skipped a generation in your family?

Snap! Off to sharpen my claws behind the couch... ;c)

A on January 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM said...

clearly you have yet to meet my father

Cassidy on January 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM said...

lol No, not yet, anyway. So you *are* humble in comparison! I stand corrected, Miss A. :c)

I saw Tegan & Sara a few years ago and they were joking about humblebragging. Here are a few examples. These are pretty funny (and unintentionally so, apparently):

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8480094/after-months-long-hiatus-humblebrag-back-guess-top

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada