Yup, *Another* Brief Explanation

Friday, February 15, 2013

That's right kids... If it's close to a holiday, it must be time for one of Cass's patented mega-depressing soliloquies!

Well, fear not; you shall not be disappointed!

But before you subject yourself to yet another of my now-obligatory gloomy ramblings, here are a few songs that were running through my head as I penned my latest self-indulgent missive. Think of these as an auditory inoculation designed to lift your spirits.

First is Steve Earle's wonderful "Fearless Heart," from his classic 1986 debut, Guitar Town:


Next is one of my favorite Bruce Springsteen songs, which contains some of his most powerful, resonant lyrics:


I was fortunate enough to see him perform this with the E Street Band in Seattle in 2000 on their reunion tour. Thinking about the sight of Bruce and Miami Steve singing this together gives me goosebumps to this very day.

And finally a gentle, cleansing song of healing from the Cowboy Junkies' 1990 album The Caution Horses, "You Will Be Loved Again":


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada