Some Christmas Cheer I Ho-Ho-Hope You Like!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Given how somber my last post was, I thought it only proper to follow up with something much more upbeat. Also, I literally did  not sleep a wink last night, and do not currently have the wherewithal to write something from scratch. :-/ 

A surprising number of people have started following my blog this past year. (P.S. I'm sorry). :-p The majority of them quickly - and wisely - opted not to slog through two-plus years of angst, misguided attempts at humor, and questionable fashion and hairstyle-related decisions.

Nonetheless, buried amongst the dross there are a few posts that only make me cringe a little bit. I beg your indulgence in letting me share one of those posts again.

Oddly enough, I wrote it two years ago to this very day - December 23, 2011. It's about my favorite Christmas ever, when I was nine years old. I think it helps paint a fuller picture of my family - such as we were - when I was growing up.

I am still very pleased with how this turned out. While my current Christmas has turned into a bit of an adventure, I promise that this post has a happy ending. :c)

Enjoy!!!

Christmas Time Is Here

***

I wanted to share a pic I took after work today. This is my first effort with my new curling iron that did not result in: a) a visit from the fire department, b) a trip to the local trauma center for burns, and/or c) a more than passing resemblance to Little Orphan Annie. :D

But here - judge for yourself!


Not bad for my first serious attempt. I even received a compliment about it!

I was walking into Starbucks this evening just as an older gentleman was trying to open the door and balance a tray with four cups of coffee.

He gave me a grateful smile when I ran up and held the door open for him.

"Thank you, Miss," he said. "Polite, pretty, *and* a redhead - it's my lucky day!"

My face matched my hair as he wished me a Merry Christmas! :#)

***

Again, I wanted to share a few of my favorite humorous Christmas-related clips and songs from the past two years for anyone who hasn't seen them yet.

And also for those who have seen them, but still love a good laugh. :c)

First, a Liberace Christmas, with a guest appearance from the great (and hungry - watch that turkey at the end of the sketch!) Orson Welles:


Next up we have Christmas music done Muppets-style, starring the eternally put-upon Beaker:


If ever there was an eternal optimist, however, it is Beaker. No matter how much evidence there is to show his faith is totally unjustified. :D



Last but not least, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is reinterpreted for the 21st century - courtesy of Martin Scorsese:


April's observation from last year remains a propos: "Like I always say: never trust an elf."

True that. :-p

Coming up next: Cass meets Santa - in the salon!!!

5 comments:

Unknown on December 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM said...

Even to a Christmas hating fogey like me, that brought a tear or two to these old cynical eyes. Have a nice holiday Cass. Hugs & kisses: Vicky xxx.

Unknown on December 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassidy on December 24, 2013 at 1:10 PM said...

Aww… well, thank you, hon. :c) How sweet of you! I hope you have a lovely holiday as well!

Hugs,
Cass

A on December 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM said...

great choices sis, the SCTV skit is a classic

Cassidy on December 25, 2013 at 2:19 AM said...

Had to be sure this was an international post, so Santa knows I am an open-minded kind of gal who should absolutely be lavished with gifts!

Think he'll buy it?

Yeah… me either.

;c)

Merry Christmas, sweetie! Love you!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada