Taillights Fade… For "Him" :-p

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Hi all!

It is hard to believe, but it is just over 18 hours until "he" bids goodbye and I am myself - finally, and for good. :D

It barely seems real. This week has been a whirlwind, as you might imagine. I will have to write more over the weekend, but everything is going according to plan at work.

(My family… well, that is another story. But this is not their time any longer.)

My manager arrived in town today. She had a meeting with the managers in the satellite office where I work. On Tuesday, she and P, her boss, had met with the management team yesterday and told them what was happening.

Shortly after that meeting, I had a visit at my desk from AS, one of my work friends and a fellow baseball and hockey fanatic like your humble blogstress. (I will call him that to differentiate him from A, my friend who works as a tester in my group. More on her in a moment!)

"Hey… got a minute?" he asked with a grin.

I smiled, knowing immediately what he wanted to talk about.

"For you, absolutely," I replied, mock-solemn.

"Might want to grab your coffee there too," he said, his grin growing wider.

So I did.

We chatted for 45 minutes or so, during which he promised his full support. We made plans to go out to lunch so we can chat more about my transition and transitioning in general.

As we walked back to our desks, he asked me if I still was going to be a die-hard Mariners fan (the woebegone Seattle baseball team that has a seemingly unshakable grip on my heart).

"Darned right I am!" I told him, hands on my hips in mock-anger.

He shook his head sadly.

"And here I always thought women were smarter than men." :-p

***

I also told my friend A, mentioned above, as well. (Hi A! :D)

She was wonderfully supportive, just as I had expected. As soon as I told her, she broke into a huge smile.

"Congratulations! I am so happy for you! Also… welcome to the cool team (i.e. girls)!" lol

I showed her several pictures of my transition (she told me I looked "adorable" :#)), and immediately told me that we need to go shopping - as in, as soon as possible. Clearly, she and S will be formidable allies in helping me build a wardrobe. Lord knows I need the help!

As A was leaving at the end of the day, she came by my desk to tell me she was going to be working in the other office on Thursday. Since I plan to work at home on Friday (to give my co-workers some time to absorb the news without my presence), she won't see me until I come into work on Monday as myself for the first time.

"Goodbye, <my boy name>," she said with a smile. "For real this time!"

Only a few more hours to go until I can say the same thing. :D

***

I didn't realize I hadn't posted this photo until a few minutes ago, when I was looking through iPhoto:


The way-cool teal hat comes courtesy of my NJ friend C, who can clearly teach me a thing or two about style herself! Good to know I have a trusted panel of advisers to whom I can turn. :-p Thank you again, hon - I will be putting it to good use this winter, if December is any guide. Brrrr!!!

***

A great song from one of Boston's own: Buffalo Tom's "Taillights Fade," from 1992's Big Red Letter Day album:



And another killer tune: "Summer," from 1995's Sleepy Eyed:


I can personally attest to their power as a live act, as you can no doubt see and hear for yourself. Great band - and still going strong today, I am heartened to report. Check them out - you will not be disappointed!

8 comments:

Stace on December 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM said...

:)

Just :)

Stace

Unknown on December 12, 2013 at 6:06 AM said...

best of luck on celebrating the rest of your life. welcome to the sisterhood.
hugs & kisses.
vicky xxx

A on December 12, 2013 at 9:20 AM said...

Have a great day! You deserve it sis!

Rhiannon on December 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM said...

So excited for you Cass - hope it goes really really well :o) x

Becca on December 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM said...

Every morning I have a smile on my face. Work may be work, life might be mostly unchanged but I get to be me everyday. From next week you get to be you - how wonderful. Head up on Monday and enjoy it.

So pleased for you

Cassidy on December 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM said...

Thank you all SO much, girls! It hardly seems real - although the ache in my shoulder from trying to use foam curlers for the first time is proof it is. :D

Hugs and love,
Cass

Leslie Ann on December 17, 2013 at 4:26 AM said...

If foam curlers make your shoulders hurt, I think you should stop curling your shoulder hair. Good advice, offered freely.

Very, very happy for you, Cass.

Cassidy on December 17, 2013 at 9:44 PM said...

Lost all of my shoulder hair this year. :D I'm afraid this is solely due to my utter lack of coordination (only Stace rivals me for klutziness). lol Between my so-far fruitless attempts and two snowstorms in three days, my shoulders and arms are aching. Hormones giveth (lots of hair) and taketh away (what little upper body strength I possessed before starting).

Thank you very, very much, hon. All the best with your daughter!

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada