I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar. (Or Not.)

Thursday, April 4, 2013


Just a quick post about another funny incident from the other night. Apparently, my inner b**** is not nearly as ferocious as I would like to believe. :c)


Lately I have been stopping on my way home from my post-gym commute at a Starbucks closer to my company's headquarters, which I drive by on my way home, rather than the one a few minutes from where I live.

There's no particular reason, really, other than a change of pace, one that began a few weeks ago.

I had stopped off at my favorite record store (yes, I still buy CDs - and stop looking at me like that!!!!) on the way home to pick up Johnny Marr's new album (which I adore, as I've mentioned several times already).

As I walked to my car, I decided I needed an energy boost, so I went to the aforementioned Starbucks, which is just a minute or two from the record store. And for the past few weeks I've been going there more often than not.

The baristas are all pleasant, but there is one girl who is my favorite. She's always smiling, is exceptionally friendly, and has a wry sense of humor. She always makes it a point to come over to offer a quick hello.

And more often than not she mock-chides me, usually for either being out with my hair still damp (it's takes forever to dry post-workout! lol) or for for not having my coat zipped all the way up. (Stace, I'm sure you can relate!)

The other day I was cleaning my glasses as I walked in, and very nearly walked through the debris she had painstakingly swept up for the past 20 minutes.

Hands on hips, she jokingly accused me of getting back at her simply because she was trying to look out for her favorite customer's health and well-being.

I replied that since she was relatively new to the area (she is from Puerto Rico originally), she was unaware of my local repute for the fury I can unfurl when provoked sufficiently.

She looked at me over the top of her glasses and said, "Hon, you couldn't intimidate a kitten on your worst day!"

Sigh...  Darn it all, I don't want to be the nice girl!!!

[stomps foot daintily]

:-p

***

I will spare you all the Helen Reddy song that inspired the title of this post, and instead offer you a few clips of the type of women I clearly need to emulate.

First up, Chrissie Hynde:


Next, the mighty Lucinda Williams:


She wrote that incidentally, although Mary Chapin Carpenter (another favorite of mine) had a major hit with her wonderful cover version.

Last but not least, Joan Jett:


She is absolutely adorable, isn't she? And I love her hair! So cute!!!

Note: Rosie's biceps in the image up top are most certainly NOT to scale on yours truly! (Think pipe cleaners. Only thinner.)

2 comments:

Becca on April 5, 2013 at 7:46 AM said...

Oh Cass you are so deliciously retro aren't you ;-)

I thought you would be a cloud lady !

By the way don't bad girls have more fun ?

Cassidy on April 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM said...

Hi Becca!

I must say, I was so relieved I *didn't* walk through that pile of dust, because I avoided sullying my petticoats. :c)

And I *so* wish I could be a bad girl!!! Alas, I am cursed with the unbridled ferocity of a newborn lamb...

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada