Two Years/Year Two

Sunday, April 28, 2013

It's hard to believe, but my life began two years ago today.

That was the day I realized I had to make a decision.

Call a therapist and discuss what I knew the truth was:

That I was a woman.

And that I wanted to transition.





It simultaneously feels like an eternity ago, and an instant ago.

I have a long way to go.

But I have also come so far in those two years I can scarcely believe it.

Just yesterday, I had a day I could scarcely imagine in April 2011. (I'll write a separate, fun post about it. Promise!)

I cannot wait to see where I am one year from today!

Thank you all for sharing this journey with me. I could not be doing it without your support!

Major hugs and love to all of you!

***

I went for a long walk today, a gorgeous, sunny spring day. For my soundtrack, I listened to the final two solo albums the late, great Levon Helm recorded. Both are wonderful. Here Levon puts his stamp on Buddy Miller's hymn of faith and redemption, "Many Rivers To Cross":



4 comments:

Stace on April 29, 2013 at 2:31 AM said...

I know the feeling, thinking that I had my breakdown more than 3 years ago seems really odd...

Like you say it's both a lifetime ago and yesterday!

Stace

Becca on April 29, 2013 at 4:50 AM said...

Time flies when you are having fun (well apart from the electro bit that is)

Becca
x

Jenna on April 29, 2013 at 2:37 PM said...

Time does fly.
476 days since I went full time. Nicked the idea for a counter for my blog from some car enthusiast in Canada, name begins with an A :-)

Will look forward to seeing where you are in a years time.

Cassidy on April 29, 2013 at 8:09 PM said...

@Jenna: It must feel SO great to be able to count the number of days in the hundreds now! And how nice of our Miss April to show you the way!

I can't wait to see where I am in a year myself! It will be a whole new world, that's for sure, given how fast things seem to be changing. :c)

@Becca: I must admit that by the end of Saturday's electrolysis session, it felt like it had gone on for two years, rather than two hours! :-p

No, it was actually a lot of fun. I"m going to write about it, as I totally hit it off with the new electrologist. (We're planning to go out on the town!)

@Stace: I don't think I actually know how you realized you needed to transition. I don't recall reading it on your blog, but perhaps I missed it.

I didn't have a breakdown before I realized I had to transition, but looking back, it was clear I had made up my mind long before I actually realized it. It's an interesting story (well, at least to me!). :c) I'll write about it if anyone is interested. I *can* say that the mind is a mysterious thing...

Thank you all! Same place, next year? :c)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada