Progress Takes Many Forms I

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Just had not one, but *two* of those nice little "oh wow" moments that pop up every now and then during my transition.

And in just 30 minutes. :c)




I was up quite late last night chatting with Miss JC (and thank you again, sweetie; it was SO great catching up!!!). And as soon as we finished, I *had* to write a post about it. Never argue with the muse, I always say!

Consequently, I woke up later than usual, and have been slightly out of sync all day. Out of sync in a pleasant way... but still out of sync, even by my usual scatter-brained standards. :c)

Some things were the same. I spilled my morning coffee, for instance, and tripped over a pile of laundry I had just made a mental note NOT to trip over. But still, I felt a bit more absent-minded than usual.

It was a lovely early spring day here - chilly, but with plentiful bright sunshine. So naturally I took advantage of it by... cleaning my apartment. (Don't mock - even a nightlight represents a burn risk for we fair-skinned Irish lasses...)

I got a lot done - not everything I wanted, but I put a good dent into my spring cleaning. I'll work on finishing the rest bit by bit during the week. (Oh, and before some smarta** asks: no, I did *not* wear a French maid's outfit!)

Anyway, I worked all afternoon before calling it a day around 6:30 or so. I decided to brush my teeth before I headed out for a cup of coffee.

I'd brushed them when I woke up, but I am a good doobie, so one more time wouldn't hurt. As I gave my molars a good going over, a thought suddenly popped into my head:

Did I shave today?

I honestly couldn't remember. Again, par for the course as my inner blonde asserts herself... but I was genuinely flummoxed.

And that's when the "oh wow" moment took place.

I looked in the bathroom mirror...

And I couldn't tell.

I had a *heavy* beard pre-electrolysis. If I was going out somewhere special at night (a rarity, granted, but play along), I would have to shave a second time.

But now, after seven-plus months of electrolysis, I simply could not tell from looking at my reflection.

I leaned in as close as I could.

Still not sure.

Finally, I ran my hand along my neck, where we still haven't done much beyond several laser treatments.

And then I realized...

I had not, in fact, shaved today.

Like most of us, I loathe shaving with a passion.

I know I have to get rid of the remainder of my beard, and have ongoing touchups to rid myself of the  stragglers who can't seem to take a hint.

But this day, I had a big smile during the few seconds it took me to shave and moisturize.

:-)

Pt. II to follow!

***

To commemorate what a lovely - albeit chilly - early spring day it was, a song from my favorite Beatles album:


And one more, since it's simply not possible to have too much Beatles:


The "she," incidentally, is actually Peter Fonda! (Honest!)


4 comments:

Becca on April 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM said...

Isn't it just great .... I still have some that come very day but its only me that can feel them. It's now laser every few months as maintenance rather than 'hair attack' as it used to be.

Cassidy on April 8, 2013 at 9:16 AM said...

Hi Becca!

"Hair attack" made me laugh out loud - no mean feat on a Monday morning before I had my coffee! April refers to it as "deforestation," which is just as funny to me. :c)

I still have a long way to go - my entire neck area, plus my chest and (I think) underarms - but yes, it really was a nice experience.

Have a great Monday!!!

Hugs,
Cass

Becca on April 8, 2013 at 10:10 AM said...

Hairy Bear turns into to a silky smooth siren complete with blue eyes then !,

......you can tell its Monday afternoon here (and the sun is shining)

Cassidy on April 8, 2013 at 8:02 PM said...

lol I am getting strange looks (OK, stranger than usual) at the coffee shop from laughing at this! Too funny!

Hope your Tuesday is just as sunny, sweets!

Hugs,
Cass

BTW, you are *not* a hairy bear!!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada