Final Thoughts on the Past Five Days

Saturday, April 20, 2013


Before I get to some much, much happier topics, one final follow-up to my last two posts.

My brother was there during the final shoot out in Watertown, and when they finally captured the second coward. 

I haven't spoken with him yet; he didn't get home until well after midnight, and was back on duty this morning at 5:30 AM. He has worked over 100 hours since Monday, essentially non-stop, and is still on duty. 

From what he told my sister-in-law, that final firefight was savage. I've seen amateur footage on YouTube, and it is terrifying to watch. This piece of garbage was out to kill as many people as possible, right up to the end. 

This wasn't some innocent kid swayed by an older brother; he is a stone killer. He put the bomb next to eight-year-old Martin Richard, then fled like a cockroach. He is just as much of a maggot as his older brother. I hope he is treated as such, and that justice is served.  

And I hope as his scumbag brother drew his last breath, his final thought was that his baby brother, the one he helped turn into a killer, abandoned him like the gutless coward he is and helped kill him by running over him. It would be nice to think that he is forced to re-enact that scene for eternity in hell.

I cannot say enough about the courage, determination, and professionalism my brother and his fellow officers and law enforcement personnel exhibited under the most intense, relentless pressure imaginable. They are all genuine heroes, and I am proud to be associated in some small way with them. They are an inspiration. Thank you, one and all.

I hope that all of the people affected this week by the tragedies in Boston, West, TX, and in China all find the solace they deserve. You are all in my thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cass,
I am glad it is all over. I too watched the amateur video on youtube and was struck by the strength and resolve of your people. I am sorry for the pain and hurt you and the people of Boston have been through.
You have every right to be proud of your brother and all of your fellow Bostonites who have shown such great courage and determination. The people of Boston (and America) showed such strength and resilience throughout this whole ordeal. I am amazed at how you all stuck together at this time and sent such a clear message to anyone who attempts to use terror to undermine community. Rather than weaking and undermining your ommunity it has made it stronger in it's resolve and connection of people with each other.
Well done, and all the best to you, your family and fellow Bostaonites. Like you my thoughts also go out to those who have died and who were maimed and their families. Take care Cass,
regards Garrett

Cassidy on April 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM said...

Hi Garrett!

Thank you so much for that lovely comment! It certainly speaks well of how people here pulled together to ensure those responsible were brought to justice.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Stephen Colbert summed it up best: these two clearly picked the wrong city to try to intimidate.

Thank you again, Garrett, and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Cass

Jenna on April 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM said...

So glad that they've caught these people, and I use that term in the loosest sense possibly. Glad that your family are all ok.

I was talking about this with my Dad the other evening and mentioned that I followed your blog and that with Internet and blogs its now possible to know people that are involved in events around the world that only a decade or so ago would have been just something on a news broadcast or in the newspaper.
The world is so much smaller than it once was but it means that we can't remained isolated from things in any part of it any more.

Cassidy on April 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM said...

Thank you, Jenna. Unfortunately, Blogger ate my initial reply just before I posted it, but I'll see if I can remember it.

My brother is OK, although he is utterly exhausted, as you can imagine. He worked over 100 hours from Monday through Saturday evening. He had today off, at least.

I agree about how remarkable technology is. I marvel at the fact that I met several fellow transitioners who have become dear friends - none of whom live near me. In fact, two don't even live in the United States! Remarkable.

On balance, I think the good more than outweighs the bad. Our little community is certainly richer for it. Heck, I would not have met you, Jenna - and I would be the poorer for that.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful week!

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada