Getting Better

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I've been very busy this week with a deadline at work, but I wanted to do a very quick post.

I'm slowly beginning to feel like myself again, thankfully. It's going to take a while, but hopefully the tide has turned.

The measures I'm taking to address my depression are beginning to take effect. I'm still exhausted, and am still dealing with insomnia - every night, unfortunately.

I could tell during my electrolysis last night that I am still very tired. It was a 90 minute session, focused on my upper lip and neck. Yuck. :c(

Near the end of the session, M paused for a moment and asked if this was more painful than usual. I admitted it was, and asked her why she asked.

"Because you've been wincing after every pulse for the past five minutes," she said. "You never complain (that was news to me! lol), but I can tell this is bothering you."

It was true. We have worked on these areas before, but this was by far one of the most painful sessions I have had. But as always, it was worth it. I am one session closer to being rid of these cursed follicles once and for all.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that the insomnia will ease in the next week or two. Getting my energy back will be an ongoing process, but I will get there.

I've already started to slowly increase my daily exercise regimen as best I can (taking into account the long hours I'm working this week), but I will work to ramp it up gradually.

More to come soon, I hope, but it will have to wait until we put a stake through the heart of this cursed project. It is going down hard, but we will wrestle it to submission by the end of this week. I hope. :c)

Have a good week everyone!

***

While I am a Beatles fanatic, I thought it would be fun to post Gomez's cover of this tune:


Really like their version. :c)

9 comments:

A on September 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM said...

Hope you can get back to a healthy sleep routine sis, I know how awful insomnia (and depression) can be.

Big hugs

Stace on September 26, 2013 at 5:16 AM said...

Glad to hear it's going in the right direction, and glad that you are taking it one step at a time!

As April says, I hope you get back to a normal sleep routine.

Look after yourself,
Stace

Becca on September 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM said...

Its not pretty is it - I am stressed to hell at the moment and finding sleep elusive. I hope you find the answer

bashashhazbaz on September 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM said...

well i hope you feel better cass! get some sleep! :)

Cassidy on September 26, 2013 at 10:13 PM said...

Thank you, everyone. :-) I am feeling a bit better every day, and am hoping the insomnia subsides as time passes.

Becca, I hope your sleeping patterns get back to normal soon. You need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the big debut! ;-p

Hugs,
Cass

Jessica Lyn on September 28, 2013 at 2:03 AM said...

Hello! It's me again.. I know I know.. I come and go.. I'm just busy.. but I wanted to say I hope you feel better and I know you will in time. I don't like seeing my Cass all stressed out and depressed. {Big Hugs}

LL Cool Joe on September 28, 2013 at 8:50 AM said...

I just wrote a post about not sleeping well, so I know just how you feel. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Cassidy on September 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM said...

Hi Joe!

Thank you very much. :-)

I just read your post and left a comment. So sorry you can relate. At least I don't have spiders attempting to liven up my evening! lol

I hope you also find some relief as soon as possible. And I hope you feel better too. Please take care of yourself, OK? And let us know when you feel better...

Hugs,
Cass

BTW, do you prefer Joe or Joey? I'm not sure, but want to use your preference!

Cassidy on September 28, 2013 at 6:27 PM said...

Hi Jess!

So good to see your name pop up! I hope all is well in your little corner of the world. :-p

Thank you for the sweet thoughts, hon. I appreciate it. I am slowly but surely getting back to normal. Or as close as I ever get. lol

We hit our big deadline at work yesterday (woo hoo!), which means much, much less stress at work, really for the first time since I started there 19 months ago.

I plan to get some rest and focus my energy on myself and my transition. I am also going to address the issues the past few months have uncovered. It will take hard work and determination, but I will do what it takes.

Take care of yourself, missie! And let's not be strangers, OK? ;)

Big hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada