That Smell

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So I had two-plus hours of electrolysis and [shudder] laser tonight, and did fairly well, all things considered.

We focused on my upper lip and neck, as well as some of the stragglers that are trying to mount a comeback after our recent assault on my chin.

I wouldn't say I've gotten used to laser; I still flinch - badly - after each pulse. But I no longer tremble quite as much.

And who knows? Given enough time, M might not have to hold my hand the entire time either.

I may bring Cody, my stuffed cow, with me from now on for moral support. He is far braver than I. Cuter too. :c)

Anyway, the one thing I *cannot* get used to, no matter how hard I try?

The smell.

Ewwwwww!!!!

OMG, it makes me nauseous even thinking about it! At least tonight I was so stuffed up from the work on my upper lip that I couldn't smell it. Thank goodness for small blessings!

When I came home and took a shower though... hoo boy. I spent the entire time thinking, "That acrid smell... is ME." lol I had to toss the facecloth in the hamper as soon as I finished. Otherwise I would have a flashback the next time I used it.

Oh well... the price we pay for beauty!

Or whatever it is I have. :c)

***

A great, great song from Lynyrd Skynyrd, and one of the most powerful anti-drug songs ever written:


That three-way guitar interplay at the end still gives me goosebumps every time. Steve Gaines was already well on his way to becoming one of rock's great guitarists after just one album. Alas, we'll never know... but we still have Street Survivors.

5 comments:

Stace on February 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM said...

I am sooo glad that my sense of smell doesn't really work!

I can smell burning hair, but it is not that strong. Mind you, I do get the whole OMG, that burning hair smell is me! :)

If you can figure out how not to flinch can you let me know please :) I only have a couple of spots left that need work every 12 weeks now to get rid of the last 30 or 40 hairs, but OW!!!! It's just below the nostrils and and hurts!

Wie mooie wil zijn moet pijn lijden!
(Google must know the phrase as it translates it almost perfectly!)

Stace

Becca on February 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM said...

Money well spent ....all that money saved on razors ....

As for not flinching .... Not sure it's possible?

Cassidy on February 27, 2013 at 7:37 PM said...

@ Becca: That *is* one way to look at it, I suppose. :c) Not quite yet... but at some point in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future.

@ Stace: That area under the nostrils is so AWFUL! She was working there with the laser and I was tolerating it... and then I wasn't. lol And thus endeth the laser for the evening. :c)

You and Becca are both right; I think flinching is simply part of the deal. April said the same thing last night while we were chatting.

Last but not least, I *loved* your quote, Stace! It made me laugh out loud when Google Translate showed the result. Here in Greater Boston, we would respond thusly:

"F***-in' A!"

(I suspect you won't need to translate that.) ;c)

== Cass

Calie on March 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM said...

It will all be worth it, girl.

And That Smell!!! Another one of my all time favs. Listing to the studio track as I write this.

Calie xx

Cassidy on March 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM said...

@ Calie: Thank you, sweetie. And as I write *this* I am soaking my face with Epsom salts, post-two hour electrolysis & laser session. I think you're enjoying your writing more than me. lol

Lynyrd Skynyrd were *awesome,* weren't they? It would have been fascinating to see how they would have grown artistically. I suspect that with their work ethic, talent, and integrity, they could have transcended the Southern Rock genre.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada