The Incredible Shrinking Cass (a/k/a A Little Less of Me)

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I'm shrinking.

I just didn't realize it until last night.

Yesterday was the first day that felt like winter here - a cold, soaking rain, 30-40 MPH (48-64 KPH), and temperatures in the lows 40s F (4C). I attended a concert - Bruce Cockburn, a longtime favorite, who was wonderful, per usual. 

I was cold all day. No, scratch that - I was fa-ree-ee-zing. Ever since I started HRT, I spent most months other than June to August shivering. I wore a cami, a long sleeve t-shirt, and a heavy hooded sweatshirt all day - indoors, no less - and I was *still* shivering. (As I write this I'm in bed, wearing a flannel nightgown and huddled under flannel sheets, a blanket, and not one, but two afghans - and I'm *still* shivering.)

So, when I was headed off to the concert, I went to my closet where I store my winter clothes and pulled out the leather jacket I received for Christmas about five years ago.

It's a boy's coat, but I was able to wear it last winter without much of a problem. And it fit fine.

Then I put it on.

Oh.

My.

God.

One thought flashed through my mind: 

I'm shrinking!

I looked like a little girl trying on Daddy's coat! lol

I mean, it just hangs off of me now. And it fit perfectly last winter. Not anymore, clearly.

I wore a pair of capris to work a few days ago. They've fit... well, honestly for most of the year they were, umm, snug.

No longer.

My co-worker R called out to me after I walked past her.

"Those are so loose on you, hon," she says. "You look like a girl wearing her boyfriend's jeans!"

And she was right. Again... they were hanging off me.

I've been running since the beginning of August.

When I began, I could run literally run for one minute before I needed to rest.

Ten days ago I ran for 60 minutes (5.5 miles) without stopping.

I've lost 22 lbs. in three months. And I've lost 32 lbs. since the beginning of March.

My goal is to lose another 15 or so pounds. That will get me back to what I weighed from my junior year in high school until I started this job. Really, what I've weighed for most of my life.

I don't think I realized just how much of an impact the running has had.

Now I do.

This was what sealed the deal (I took these earlier this afternoon):


 
If you told me I would look like this at the beginning of August, I would have laughed at you. I still can't believe it's me. The past few days have been such a revelation. In the best ways.

I'll be writing more about this. But for now, suffice it to say that I'm beginning to see the woman so many people have been telling me they've seen all along.

BTW, this was me wearing the jacket last night:


:#)

More later, everyone. Love you all! xoxoxo

***

A few from Toronto's finest,  Bruce Cockburn.

Here's what's probably his best-known song (in the States, that is). This is "Wondering Where The Lions Are," from his 1979 album Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws:


Another you might know - "Lovers In A Dangerous Time," from 1984's Stealing Fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IX4gWkFqvU

And a personal favorite - "January In The Halifax Airport Lounge," from 1975's Joy Will Find A Way:





6 comments:

Jenna on November 3, 2014 at 1:21 AM said...

I had to wear some "old clothes" back in the summer and as soon as I put them on I wondered how they ever fitted me. Just goes to show how much our bodies change.

Well done on running for an hour. I really need to get back to doing some serious exercise myself now.

Cassidy on November 3, 2014 at 10:06 PM said...

Thank you, Jenna. I had dinner with my sister tonight. She last saw me five days ago, and was astonished at how different I look just since then. She said my face and body are changing - significantly - every time she sees me.

"Amazing what accepting yourself will do, isn't it?" she told me.

"Nobody likes a know-it-all," I told her. lol

Thank you for the kind words, Jenna! Hope to see you out on the streets (metaphorically speaking) soon!

Hugs & love,
Cass

bashashhazbaz on February 3, 2015 at 5:30 PM said...

can i just say that you are a hottie? :)

Cassidy on February 4, 2015 at 12:11 AM said...

You can, although it makes me blush. :#) Thank you!

== Cass

Unknown on February 27, 2017 at 6:21 AM said...

That suit has such a cool print and I love the layered bustier underneath! The lingerie in the show is beautiful too.UpdateLand

cryptocurrency on May 6, 2022 at 5:39 AM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada