Devil(-ish) with the Blue Dress

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Well, I don't know about Devil (perhaps "mischievous pixie," to paraphrase how Alice usually refers to me? lol).. but I certainly enjoyed wearing my steampunk outfit to the Halloween party at the office today!


Well, part of my steampunk outfit, anyway; I purchased an awesome hat online to go with this outfit, but alas, it didn't arrive in time for the party today.

But no matter; I loved every second I spent wearing it, from the dress to the petticoats (sigh... petticoats) to my thigh-high boots. (The skirt and petticoat cover them up, but take my word for it: they are sooooo much fun to wear! Even if I was barely able to hobble to my car in the parking lot at the end of the day. lol)

Since this is an actual outfit and not simply a costume, I'll be able to wear it again in the future - and I plan to do so as much as possible, be-hatted and carrying my aerodynamically-efficient parasol. In the meantime, here's a more close-up shot of yours truly in her steampunked glory. Hope you like it!


As you can likely tell, I had an absolute blast dressing up today. Not to be outdone, my colleagues, The Divine Miss M and The Equally Adorable Miss S, both came dressed to the nines today.

As it turned out, TDMM and I were matching gingers. She even managed the seemingly impossible feat of being even paler than your humble blogstress. No mean feat, that. (In case you're wondering, she came as a zombie - a cute-as-a-button zombie, granted... but still a zombie). :D

TEDMS, meanwhile, while not a ginger-for-a-day like TDMM, was just as fetching in all of her elf-like glory. :c) And she bakes a mean spicy chocolate cookie too, I might add. Yummm....

Happy Halloween, all!

***

It's a given that this post feature Bruce Springsteen's epic "Devil With the Blue Dress" medley, covering Detroit's great Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels:


And since I saw them just a few weeks ago, here's a gorgeous song from Toronto's favorite sons, Blue Rodeo:



Soooo good! In fact, that deserves a follow-up, don't you think?


Incidentally, the handsome young gentleman singing the second verse is Devin Cuddy - and that's his father, Jim, Blue Rodeo's co-founder (along with Greg Keelor, who wrote and sings this song) beaming proudly in the background. :c)

7 comments:

Jenna on October 29, 2016 at 2:48 AM said...

I saw the pictures you shared. The three of you looked amazing. It was nice to put faces to the names too.

Rhiannon on October 29, 2016 at 3:00 AM said...

Cass - that is such a great dress!! You look absolutely gorge! Thank you for sharing :o) x

Cassidy on October 29, 2016 at 1:23 PM said...

@Jenna: Thank you, Jenna! They're both mega-creative, as you can tell. (Although TDMM informed everyone that this *was* her normal look; who knew?) :D

@Rhiannon: And thank you as well, hon! I adore the dress too (and did I mention the petticoats?)! lol

I read your latest post, btw; I went through the same thing with using my name, so you are not alone. Hearing it is a profoundly unsettling feeling, even now. Perhaps especially now. Take care of yourself, hon, OK?

Hugs,
Cass

Rhiannon on October 29, 2016 at 3:16 PM said...

Thank you Cass :o) I've never done a proper petticoat dress - I can see what I'm missing now!!

Thank you re: the name thing, I'm just so glad that it isn't me. It is just a constant reinforcement and reminder of the mistake I live with. Its like a hammer blow again and again.

Next year, I really need to find a Halloween party to go to! x

Cassidy on October 29, 2016 at 4:02 PM said...

@Rhiannon: My pleasure, hon. :c) I would wear petticoats every day if I could. I clearly was born in the wrong century! lol

As for the name issue, the name you use day-to-day is NOT the real you; never has been, never will be. The real you is Rhiannon, and that's what truly matters. Don't ever forget it. OK? :c)

Finally, yes, a Halloween party is a must, girl!!! No better time to break out the finery, after all! And if you're looking for ideas, I bought my outfit online at Retroscope Fashions. Their clothes are all amazing and high quality, and their prices are quite reasonable. Check them out sometime! :c)

Hugs,
Cass

LL Cool Joe on October 30, 2016 at 1:36 AM said...

You look great!!

Cassidy on October 30, 2016 at 10:13 PM said...

Thank you, Joey! :-p

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada