Good News

Friday, April 19, 2013

I am very happy that justice has been served in my community.

I am even happier to say that my brother is OK. He knows the officer who was wounded in the shootout that resulted in the death of Suspect #1 (a/k/a Black Hat). Fortunately, reports indicate that this officer will recover.

The relentless, determined, heroic work of my brother and his fellow officers and law enforcement this week was remarkable.

Barely four days after the terrorist bombing in a city of over one million, the authorities: a) identified the suspects by analyzing thousands of hours of video; b) killed one of them; and c) captured the other. Simply amazing.

I am very, very proud of my brother.

I'll have several much more upbeat posts soon, but I thought I'd end this on a lighter note by quoting Stephen Colbert (an American comedian, for those of you not from here), who I think best summed up this week:


"Clearly these people had no idea who they decided to pick on. For Pete's sake, Boston was founded by the Pilgrims  - a people so tough they had to buckle their g**damn hats on!"

"And here's what these terrorists don't get: They attacked the *Boston Marathon*. An event that celebrates people who run for 26 miles on their day off until their nipples are raw - for fun!!!"

Couldn't have said it better myself. :c)

http://now.msn.com/boston-marathon-bombings-stephen-colbert-responds



4 comments:

A on April 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM said...

relieved they got him too, words cannot express the sorrow for the victims, the wounded and their families.

Cassidy on April 20, 2013 at 12:05 AM said...

A horrific, horrific week all around, here and in Texas. Just dreadful.

This is pretty damned awesome, however:

http://youtu.be/ilMBLV3A6ug

I always have thought New Zealand is pretty cool. :c)

Hugs,
Cass

Stace on April 20, 2013 at 2:12 AM said...

Great that they managed to get this resolved so quickly, awful what the cost was...

And I agree, NZ is pretty cool :)

Stace

Cassidy on April 20, 2013 at 8:42 AM said...

@Stace: I hope to visit New Zealand one day. If only because Crowded House are from there. :c)

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada