Androgynous

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Had to post this quick hit about a funny remark my friend S made at work today. :c)

After an early meeting we went downstairs for coffee, as we often do, and caught up on out-of-office matters. S related details of her weekend first (she had a lot of fun, in case you're wondering), and then asked how mine was.

I told her the story I posted about on Monday, and we shared a good laugh. ("That is so 'totally' you, Cass!" she said.)

Then I mentioned the running tallies I kept during the weekend, including:

Number of times I blushed (when I mentioned that my dreams have been particularly vivid lately, causing J to ask what - or who - I was dreaming about): 1 lol

Number of items I kicked, bumped, tripped on, or knocked over: 4

Number of times I spilled coffee: 2 (once Saturday evening, once Sunday morning; I am equally clumsy on both days)

Number of times I was addressed as one of the following by toll booth attendants - a) Ma'am; b) Miss; c) Hon/Miss: 3

Steph laughed at that last item. Then she asked off-handedly what I was wearing when I was driving to and from T & J's house.

"Oh, I was dressed androgynously, I guess," I said.

She looked at me for a moment.

S: "So you were dressed normally, then?"

(Note: I'm still in boy mode at work.)

Me: "Huh?"

S: "Cass... you always look androgynous now."

(long pause)

C: "Oh."

lol

Thus, I once again demonstrate my remarkable inability to grasp what apparently is blatantly obvious to... well, everyone! :c)

***

This also gives me an excuse to post a great tune from what is, hands-down, one of the best albums of the Eighties -  Let It Be, by The Replacements:


I was too young to get into clubs when Let It Be came out, a matter not helped by the fact that I looked like I was about 12 years old at the time. (I was routinely carded at R-rated movies until I was 31, if you can believe it.)

However, I was lucky enough to see them twice on the Tim tour, in 1986. Both times they were drunken, shambling, barely coherent affairs... and both were absolutely, transcendently glorious. :c)

Long live The Replacements!!!

2 comments:

Stace on April 3, 2013 at 2:05 AM said...

So you have the patented table / bed / door / anything low lying locators below your knees too?

As for the rest, simply :)

Stace

Cassidy on April 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM said...

Hi Stace!

lol I do! And I have an assortment of broken toes, bruises, and ceaselessly inventive, appallingly detailed cursewords to prove it.

Since April is my sister, you must be at least a cousin, given how similar our personalities - and lack of coordination - are! How unfortunate for you, of course, but still, it is remarkable. ;-)

And thank you for the smile! Sometimes you need someone to point out the obvious to you, as S did. OK, I *always* need that. But most people don't. :c)

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada