Vignettes: Brilliant Disguise

Friday, October 11, 2013

Thought I would dash off a quick post about a recent chat I had via text with my co-worker/friend R.

Pretending to be "him" is becoming increasingly difficult as I progress in my transition. The GD takes a toll, as any of you who are full-time can no doubt attest.

Still, I am doing a good job of maintaining the pretense.

Although it turns out that ain't necessarily so!

:c)


I was having a chat with R about this very subject last weekend, during which I mentioned my belief that overall I was still keeping up the facade that I was still a boy.

R: Umm... well...

C: What is it?

R: I know there are slips that I see. Mostly unnoticed by others.

C: Really?

R: Yes.

C: Such as...?

R: Oh, you know... little girl things.

C: Oh, OK. Any examples?

R: Let me think...

R: Mannerisms.

R: How you carry yourself.

R: Your arms.

R: Looks.

R: Sighs.

R: The way you talk.

R: The tone of conversations that are WAY more female than male.

C (after a lengthy pause): I see.

R: But it's all subconscious, of course.

C: Well, that's something, anyway.

R: At least I think it's subconscious...

:D

***

So, to sum up:

Other than how I a) look, b) walk, c) talk, d) move, and e) converse... it seems I have 'em all under my spell.

Miss Cassidy Elizabeth, Mistress of Disguise, the Girl of 1000 Faces, at your service!

***

No doubt what song I would use for *this* post!


A single black and white camera, shot live in a friend's kitchen, in one take, with no cuts, and only a slow, gradual closeup - and a great artist baring his soul. The ingredients for magic.

(Also, he has the most amazing eyes, does he not?)


(Sigh... just thought that was worth mentioning. We now return you to your regularly scheduled post.)

Elvis Costello covered this, superbly, and still plays it live on a regular basis:


A great song is endlessly adaptable, is it not?

2 comments:

A on October 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM said...

You're not fooling anyone girl!

I like Tougher Than the Rest from The Tunnel of love album. Did you know that he is leaning against a 1967 Cadillac on the cover.

Cassidy on October 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM said...

lol Thank you, sis! :#)

That *is* a great song. That entire album is wonderful, actually. I still get goosebumps when I hear "Cautious Man." And "One Step Up" is heart-stoppingly sad and breath-takingly beautiful at the same time. Probably his most underrated album.

I did *not* know that about the Cadillac, but I have always thought it was very sharp-looking. Wonder if it's one of Bruce's?

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada