An April Update

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hi all! Hope everyone had a nice weekend, and a nice week up to this point.

I also hope it's warmer than it is here; it was 3 F - yes, 3 - when I got up this morning. They are predicting normal temperatures (in the upper 30s/low 40s) here for the end of the week - before the *next* cold siege invades. Sigh.

At her request, I just wanted to give folks an update on my partner-in-crime, April, from My Road to Womanhood.

(For those of us like moi who are easily confused, this is April:)


As some of you may have noticed - and several girls have contacted me privately in the past week or so - April's blog is currently marked as invitation-only. People are concerned, wondering if all is well in April's little corner of the world. 

Well, I am here to reveal what has been going behind the scenes: Daniel Craig and Roger Moore have been lavishing April with kisses and affection on a round-the-clock basis as they attempt to pitch woo and win her heart.

OK, I made that last paragraph up. Follow below the fold to find out how she really is doing. :c)

(Hint: it's good news!)


April, I am happy to report, is doing just fine. She is still disgustingly beautiful and slender (bitch), and is still experiencing lust in her heart for her fantasy of a shirtless Dick Cheney. (That I am *not* making up, alas.)

She is even busier than her usual frantic schedule, but is holding up with her usual grace and good humor. She wants to thank everyone for their concern, particularly those of you who have reached out directly via your humble blogstress.

As for why her blog is marked as invitation only: she is, in the parlance of the industry, experiencing technical difficulties. Actually, Blogger is, not April. I won't bore you with the details, other than to note that we have both tried several remedies without success. 

I *think* I may have at least a partial solution, but trying to arrange a convenient time between Super-Mom of the North and Cass the Klutz is no small task. We hope to try out my ideas in a day or two, so April can put her blogging shoes back on ASAP. Once it is set, My Road to Womanhood will be back in all of its maple syrup-scented wonderfulness.

I'm sure many of you miss the sparkling, high-minded repartee in which April and I engage in our comments on each other's posts. Well, I can slake your thirst for the time being with this typically ladylike exchange between us that took place one morning last week.

Cass: Morning hon! What are you up to?

April: Getting ready for my day: ten hour shift at work, picking up the girls, taking them to their activities, making dinner, doing the dishes, helping them with their homework, giving them all baths, putting them to bed, driving home, and then working on a resume, two freelance articles, and a portfolio piece. You?

Cass: Uhh… I recycled yesterday's coffee filter because I didn't feel like opening a new package?

April: Good girl! Anything else going on?

Cass: Well, actually I'm kind of embarrassed.

April (sighing): What did you do this time?

Cass: Well, I kind of sort of forgot to put on a bra today when I was getting dressed for work.

April: Oh, I did that once too.

Cass: Really?

April: Yes. But in my case it was unintentional, you little hussy.

Cass: Would this be a bad time to mention I forgot to wear a skirt too?

And there you have it, ladies. Just a taste of the Algonquin round table-level wit and wisdom you have come to expect from the April and Cass show. Coming soon - again - to a web site near you! No doubt you now are all giddy with anticipation...

Watch April's space for the latest adventures of our Lady of the North soon!


***

Some maple-flavored artists, in honor of our subject.

One of my Neil Young songs, from one of my favorite Neil Young albums:


Get ready for some goosebumps:


And just to add some electric guitars to the mix:


Sigh… if only they could play their instruments better… ;-p

And of course we must end with some SCTV; this clip features the late, great Harold Ramis. RIP…


Happy Wednesday all!

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe on March 7, 2014 at 1:43 AM said...

I read "She is even busier than" as "She is bustier than". I'm not sure what that says about me. :D

Anyway, I'm glad April is well, I was worried about her too.

Jenna on March 7, 2014 at 1:58 AM said...

Glad that April is OK.
Of course I clicked on the link to her blog since you put it there so temptingly and got the invitation only message. Not sure what that says about me but I'd better stay away from any big red buttons that say push me :-)

Cassidy on March 7, 2014 at 8:02 PM said...

@ Joey: My friend R burst out laughing when she read your comment today at work - she read it the same way! And then she added, "But Joey is a boy - he's *supposed* to be obsessed with boobs!" ;D

@ Jenna: I suspect you have never seen this, being as you are on the other side of the pond, but I think you will get a kick out of it:

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Easy-Button/product_606396

I passed along both of your greetings to April (she is offline for a few days); she asked me to send you both a giant virtual hug. Consider it done. :-)

BTW... this post drew well over 200 hits in less than 24 hours. Accordingly, I informed April today that I will henceforth be running *her* photos on my posts, rather than mine. So it's a win-win for both me *and* my readers! ;D

== Cass

Jenna on March 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM said...

Thanks Cass, we have Staples over this side of the pond too and they stock the button as well :-) I shall be in towns over the next month that both have Staples so just may be paying them a visit :-)

It will make a change from the cuddly toys, Lego and bobble head figures that adorn people's desks.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada