April Is Back!!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hi folks! Just a quick post to let you all know that your favorite blogstress, April, has torn herself away from her latest French millionaire suitor to start her blog up again. Yea!!!


She has moved into more upscale digs, however, which you can find here:

http://myroadredux.blogspot.ca/2014/03/im-back-baby.html

She asked me to let everyone know that she is redecorating it in a fashion that becomes her (insert your own joke here - I already did ;D), but for now it is bare bones.

More seriously, she asked me to thank everyone for their concern the past few months while her blog was down. At least two or three people a week would contact me to ask how she was doing and send their best wishes. She is grateful.

And so am I, frankly. Being her secretary is NOT an easy gig. Running to Tim Horton's in five-inch heels each time Her Highness needed a caffeine boost does a job on the ol' ankles, let me tell you…

Anyway please join me in welcoming back our Miss April! It's great to have you back, sweetie!!!

***

I teased her earlier this evening that I was going to use this song as the title from this post, but you know how sensitive those Canadian chicks are (how do they play hockey when they're so weepy, anyway?!?). Instead, I shall post it here without comment. :D


This also gives me a chance to post this remarkable solo version of "Tiny Dancer" from 1971. 



Still gives me goosebumps every single time I watch this. :c) SUCH a great song...

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe on March 20, 2014 at 2:26 AM said...

Two Grime artists in the UK "pinched" Tiny Dancer and had a hit with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76BIZ7mHYF4

You'll probably hate it, but I love it. :D

Cassidy on March 20, 2014 at 9:56 PM said...

Actually, that's pretty darned good! I can see why you like it. They did a terrific job of integrating the two styles. Thanks for sharing, Joey! :c)

== Cass

Karin July1992 on March 21, 2014 at 4:33 PM said...

Cassidy,

Thanks for the update and directions to April's new digs. Good to know that she is well.

Love "Tiny Dancer" but I have to say that ALMOST FAMOUS has taken the song away in my mind - in a good way. That is my favorite scene in the film. You made my afternoon! : )

Karin

Cassidy on March 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM said...

@ Karin: You are very welcome, hon. :c)

Almost Famous is a wonderful movie, and that is a great scene. My favorite, though, is late in the film, when Bill called up Lester Bangs. Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance takes my breath away every time. And Cameron Crowe himself gives sole credit for that to Hoffman:

http://www.theuncool.com/2014/02/03/psh/

Time to watch it again. :c)

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada