Still Here, Pt. II

Monday, December 22, 2014


Hi everyone. I apologize for my scarcity again. Unfortunately, I've been struggling recently. I haven't been feeling well for several weeks, and I'm afraid it finally caught up with me. 

I prefer not to go into details, but I can say that more than one factor is at work. I went full-time just over a year ago (December 13 2013 was my first full day as myself). It's the best thing I've ever done, and I truly love living as myself at long last.

That said, anyone who's transitioned will tell you that any issues or problems you're dealing with don't magically disappear once you go full-time. That has been the case for me.

Friends had been expressing increasing concern over the past few weeks, until things came to a head last week. Their level of their concern convinced me that I need to address this sooner rather than later. 

And I am. I've come too far, and worked too hard, to do anything else. I'm proud of how far I've come, and how much I've acheived. 

But my work isn't done. There are still things I need to work on. I've already started taking steps to do just that. They won't be solved overnight; they didn't develop overnight, so that's to be expected. 

It's been a long, hard road. And right now I'm tired from the journey. But I know what I've accomplished, and what I've overcome.

When you transition, you learn the importance of determination, and persistence, and taking the long view. They've helped me get where I am. And they're going to help me work through things now. I am going to do what it takes to ensure that 2015 is the best year of my life. Bank on it.

***

I want to thank everyone who has reached out the past few weeks; it means more than you can know. Thank you all. I want to add a particular thank you to my partner-in-crime, April, who has been there - and then some - when I've needed a pick-me-up. Thank you for everything, sweetie. Love you. xoxoxo

If I don't post again before Christmas, I want to wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season, regardless of which holidays you do - or don't - observe. Merry Christmas, everyone.

***

A few songs from one of my all-time favorite Christmas albums, A Charlie Brown Christmas. I never, ever tire of the show itself, or the soundtrack, by the great Vince Guaraldi. It's been a constant source of comfort; this year is no exception. Here's the opening track, "O Tannenbaum":


And his lovely original, "Christmas Time Is Here":


And, finally, "Linus & Lucy":


Happy Holidays, all...

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe on December 24, 2014 at 10:59 AM said...

Oh no I'm sorry you are having some tough times, I hope things get better for you very soon.

Happy Christmas!!

Abigale's Airings on December 24, 2014 at 11:48 AM said...

I can now enjoy Christmas a little better after reading this.
But only a little, Miss C..
Keep in there.
Take it slowly and remember..
.. hug time
Your Miss A.
==

Unknown on December 24, 2014 at 11:49 AM said...

you are always on my mind kiddo, tomorrow the world!

Cassidy on December 24, 2014 at 1:37 PM said...

Thank you, everyone, and Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada