Quick Check-In

Sunday, February 21, 2016


Hi everyone. Hope you had a good week/weekend.

Mine was mostly spent trying to rest. It's been a challenging few months on both the personal and professional fronts, and apparently it's taken its toll.

Several colleagues have made it a point to stop by my desk and ask me to take care of myself, saying I look "exhausted" (their word). My dear friend Alice told me, not unkindly, that I haven't been as bubbly and up as I normally am. I guess things have caught up with me. (I took the selfie above a few days ago, so judge for yourselves.)

The big project deadline at work is approaching, which means I can't really take any time off right now. So all I can do is grind out each day as best I can and try to get some rest when I can. I haven't been sleeping since just before Christmas, which is a long time even for a lifelong insomniac like me.

I will get through this stretch. I'm doing my best to remember better things are (hopefully) ahead. My therapist M told me so yesterday, and reminded me of how far I've come. I'll try to keep that in mind as I try to get through this period.

Have a good week, everyone.

***

I wanted to post The Beatles original version of "I'm Only Sleeping," from Revolver, but I couldn't find it on YouTube. But it turned out to be a good thing, because it meant I discovered this version by The Stereophonics and Oasis, which I really, really like. I'm not at all familiar with The Stereophonics, but that's going to change after listening to this. The lead singer has a terrific voice. (I'm a huge Oasis fan, so I'm shocked to discover I've never posted a single song from them in the nearly five years I've been writing this blog.)


Since I mentioned Oasis, here's my favorite song of theirs - the B-side of their "Roll With It" single in 1995, believe it or not. It's called "Rocking Chair."


Liam Gallagher has such a great voice - so full of character and emotion. And what kind of songwriting streak was his brother Noel on at the time that they could relegate a song this good to a B-side? Really amazing...

5 comments:

LL Cool Joe on February 21, 2016 at 11:00 PM said...

I hope you get some rest, you don't look exhausted to me. Just a little sad.

Cassidy on February 21, 2016 at 11:08 PM said...

Thank you, Joey. I am sad as well, I'm afraid. It's been a challenging few months.

Take care, hon.

Hugs,
Cass

Jenna on February 22, 2016 at 5:32 PM said...

You don't look your usually smiley self. Make the most of the chances you get to rest and have some you time. Take care xx

Halle on February 22, 2016 at 5:52 PM said...

Worried about you Hon, and couldn't help but notice no running this year. Take care of you.

Hugs, Dea xxox

Cassidy on February 23, 2016 at 5:58 PM said...

Hi Deanna & Jenna: Thank you for the kind words. Also, I am running regularly, but I'm using a different program that doesn't use this widget. I should see if they have one now...

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada