Another New Year Flu By

Monday, January 2, 2017


Happy New Year, all. Hope you had all had a lovely holiday season.

I'm going to keep this short, for, as the title indicates, I'm battling the flu. Again. Sigh.

I had it back in November, and unfortunately it decided to pay a return visit just after Christmas.

I managed to fight it off for several days, but since Friday evening I've basically been in bed. Not necessarily sleeping, mind you; a wracking cough has been waking me up throughout the night.

I was hoping it would go away, but last night was the most unpleasant yet. It's painful to breathe at times as a result, and my ribs are sore as well. Bleah. I'm hoping it's not bronchitis (I had it in November as well), but I suspect it might be. It wouldn't be the first time I've had it multiple times in short order. Hopefully I'm wrong.

More to follow when I'm feeling up to it, including (buried lead alert) seeing my parents for the first time in nearly two years. The short version: I survived, helped in no small part by the presence of my sister and nephew. I think the result was the most I can hope for, under the circumstances.

Take care, everyone, and here's hoping 2017 is good to you all. :c)

***

Oh, and it probably goes without saying, but the photo above was not taken the past few days! :D It's from about three weeks ago. I wouldn't subject you to a shot of me now. ;-p

***

This feels like a particularly appropriate song to begin 2017. It's the leadoff track from R.E.M.'s great 1986 album Lifes Rich Pageant (sp). "Let's begin again," indeed.



5 comments:

Rhiannon on January 2, 2017 at 5:05 PM said...

Hope you get better soon lovely x

Jenna on January 3, 2017 at 1:56 AM said...

Get better soon and a Happy New Year.

Stace on January 3, 2017 at 3:07 AM said...

Happy new year, and, of course, beterschap!

Cassidy on January 7, 2017 at 7:26 PM said...

Thank you, ladies. It's been an uphill battle all week. Ugh…

== Cass

Unknown on January 23, 2017 at 4:16 AM said...

Oh no, flu season is brutal! With kids in the house we're always passing it around. Thankfully, I found a great urgent care and clinic where I can get the kids their flu shots. Did you know that stress can affect the immune system? I just learned that this year. Maybe that's part of the reason you got sick again. Get some rest!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada