Second-er-er Hand News

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today's topic: which is slower - transitioning or waiting for HR to approve an open job req? Discuss.

Yup, still waiting to hear about the gig I interviewed for last week. At this rate I'll be applying for Social Security benefits as Kelly before they make up their minds! <lol>

On the plus side, I was called about another contract today, which is always good. The more irons in the fire the better.

Stay tuned!

***

This also gives me an excuse to post this version of "The Waiting," sung by Seattle's finest, Eddie Vedder:


Pearl Jam and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers; how can you go wrong?

And because one TP&TH tune is never enough, here's a great version of "A Woman in Love" from their appearance on the Tomorrow show with the late, great Tom Snyder in 1981:


Hard Promises (the album both songs are from) would definitely be one of my Desert Island Discs...

2 comments:

Teagan said...

I thought we discussed this "as Kelly" stuff. ;)

Kelly on October 13, 2011 at 9:12 PM said...

Indeed we did. I'm a bad student...

As it turns out, I did *not* get this gig - no great surprise, given the awful economy. But I did get called about another. So the fun starts anew! Stay tuned!

Hope all is well with you, Miss T!

== K

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada