Second Hand News

Sunday, October 2, 2011


Haven't posted in a week or so, so I thought I'd write something just to keep the ol' writing muscles limber. :c)

I can't remember if I mentioned this already, but I was laid off about a month ago when the project I was working on was canceled. This goes with the territory (I work in high tech), but it's still frustrating. 

It was doubly disappointing this time because not only was this one of the most hard-working groups of people I've worked with, they were also the nicest. They were under incredible pressure, and I can count on one hand the number of times people even raised their voices, let alone fought with one another. The company retained a small team to try to land another contract or two; I'd welcome a chance to work with these folks again.

That said, I'm also looking elsewhere. I may have a lead on something promising, and hopefully I'll learn if I have an interview in the next few days. 

This would be a good opportunity for a few reasons. It would be a good transitional position (pun intended) both professionally and personally. I've been stuck in a rut  for a variety of reasons, and this job would be a great way to get out  of it. I'd get some experience on my resume that would help me be my own boss sooner rather than later, which is my plan. Also, as my sister noted, "Good thinking. You don't want to get bored while you're changing your gender." :c)

On the personal front, it's a stable company, which would be a welcome switch. Constantly switching jobs after a company folds or a project is cancelled gets a bit tiresome after ten or so times, believe me. And it goes without saying that it would be awfully nice to have a steady income source while transitioning.

So, my fingers are crossed here. Hope it's a good week all around for everyone!

***

Here's a great tune from Fleetwood Mac's cracked genius, Lindsey Buckingham. This is from the last show of the Rumors tour in 1978:




2 comments:

Cynthia Jane on October 3, 2011 at 12:14 PM said...

Good luck with the prospective interview. I know how hard it can get not having work. I got laid off 18 months ago. Still trying to find suitable work. My only resolve comes from the Lord who has total control of my life, and in Whom I have complete faith that He will find the perfect work for me. All in His time.

Have Faith! I do. I will be praying for you.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cynthia

Kelly on October 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM said...

Sorry to hear that, Cynthia. I hope you find something soon. And thank you for the kind words! My fingers are crossed for both of us... :c)

Hugs,
Kelly

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada