Moving On Up (And Out)

Friday, November 9, 2012

Tomorrow is the big day: Casa de Cass becomes fully operational!

It was a crazed week at work (of course), with a big deadline today, but I made it (with help from my co-workers S and B, who are life-savers, and dear friends to boot).

I was up at 4:45 AM today, worked ten hours straight with a two-plus hour commute wrapped around it, and then spent from 5:30 'till now packing clothes and assorted flotsam and jetsam. There's more to do, but I'm calling it a night. One tiny advantage of moving from your childhood home: you can come back the day after you move to get the rest of your stuff. :c)

I'll be up by 6:00 AM tomorrow, so it will be another long day... but the difference is tomorrow night I will be in my own home, and will sleep in my own bed (Is it legal to marry your TempurPedic mattress? Discuss.), and, most importantly, I will be doing so as myself. Finally. And you know what that means: Footie pajamas, here I come!

So, so much more to write about... but sleep beckons. Have a good weekend, all!

***

The great Curtis Mayfield provides the perfect soundtrack for moving day:


And here's a beautiful cover of The Carpenters (yes, those Carpenters) from 1971's classic Curtis Live album:


He could do it all, couldn't he?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada