Hat Happy

Friday, February 8, 2013

Just a quick post about another "whoa" moment, while I continue to chip away at those longer ones I've been promising. No, seriously, I am!

Anyway, the details await beneath the fold!


I had another two-hour laser/electrolysis session on Tuesday night, which I managed to endure thanks to M's delicate touch and intuitive way of calming me when my nerves get the better of me. I think she gauges how much I'm trembling before each laser pulse and comforts me accordingly. lol

It was a productive session though - my entire chin is clear! Yea!!! This is no mean feat, believe me. I have a heavy beard, especially there. Or I guess "had" is the operative word now. :c)

(An aside to Stace: next week we're working on my upper lip - this time with laser *and* electrolysis. I know you can feel my (upcoming) pain. :c) Hopefully by then I will no longer have the runny nose and watering eyes from our last session working there, shortly before Christmas.)

After we finished, I was gingerly walking back to my car, careful to avoid the multiple instances of broken pavement and unexpected dips and ridges in the sidewalk. It was quite cold, so once again I had on my oversized winter parka, gloves, and a baseball cap.

Other than when I go for walks or am outdoors for extended periods, I don't usually wear hats. I've always thought I looked... well, goofy in them. Some people, like my brother, can wear them and look fine; I looked like - um, like someone trying to be a boy.

As I approached the lot where my car was, another car was preparing to back out of their driveway. The driver, an older gentleman, spotted me and came to a halt. I waved him on; it's a busy street, even at 8:00 PM.

And of course the instant he signaled his thanks and began to back up again, a seemingly endless procession of cars emerged without notice - at least 15-18 strong.

I waited patiently on the sidewalk; he had been nice enough to acknowledge me (far from a given in these parts), and I wasn't in any rush.

Once he realized he was going to be there for a bit, he pulled forward to clear the sidewalk for me.

As I hobbled past as quickly as possible, I gave him a big wave and called out "Thank you!"

And he rolled down the window and replied, "You're welcome, Miss! Have a good night!"

It's gotta be the hat. :c)

***

Can't believe this is the first time I posted something from Randy Newman!


He is a national treasure...

4 comments:

Stace on February 10, 2013 at 2:13 AM said...

Well done on getting the chin clear, it was a great moment for me when I realised that I no longer had to shave my entire face everyday :)

Good luck with the top lip. I always make sure that I have taken paracetemol before leaving and try to do breathing exercises whilst having mine done.

And my eyes always stream far more than the pain actually hurts... I swear that there is a direct link from the lip to the tear ducts!

Stace

PS I know I owe you a mail and I'm trying to get around to it - sorry!

Cassidy on February 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM said...

Hi Stace!

Thank you! I know that the little buggers will likely mount a counterattack in the weeks to come, but I am in this for the long haul. And their days are numbered!

Thank you for the good wishes, sweetie. I will slather on the Lidocaine and take my Advil well before arrival. Good advice on breathing exercises too; I'll let you know how much it helps.

OMG, you are *so* right about the connection between the lips and tear ducts! It's a wonder I wasn't dehydrated at the end of my last session when we tackled my upper lip. I think I shed several gallons of tears! lol And no, it isn't in proportion to the actual pain level. Odd, isn't it?

I can finally, finally start to exercise again this week, provided I wrap my ankle before doing so. It has been nearly a year since I could exercise on my regular schedule (five days a week).

I'm looking forward to putting in the effort to get back to my usual level. Or as close as I can get these days. I have a hunch the HRT may have a thing or two to say about what that level is nowadays!

No rush at all on your reply, btw. We both get carried away when we start to chat about music, don't we? :c) It will be well worth the wait, as your messages always are. Take your time, Stace.

I hope you and Mrs. Stace have a wonderful week, and that snow doesn't hinder your running!

Hugs,
Cass

Leslie Ann on February 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM said...

I'm wondering where all the Randy haters are?! I quoted him once in a blog, and discovered that there are two distinct camps on the Randy Newman issue: Adore him or hate him. And they speak their mind.

I approve.

Cassidy on February 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM said...

Hi Leslie,

Count me in the pro-Randy camp too. He's *such* a brillant songwriter, isn't he? "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" must be one of the saddest songs ever written.

I'm always astounded by how many people are incapable of detecting irony. I remember when "Short People" came out. I was in junior high, if that, and even at that age it was clear to me it was a satire. And Lord knows I wasn't the sharpest tool in the toolbox! lol So what was THEIR excuse?!? ;c)

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada