Happy (Pre-)Valentines Day

Thursday, February 14, 2013

I started working earlier this evening on what has quickly morphed into a much longer post than I originally envisioned about Valentines Day - so long that I can't finish it tonight. Hopefully I can polish it off tomorrow evening, before the statute of limitations runs out. :c)

In the meantime, two entirely different versions of the standard "My Funny Valentine," to help get everyone in the mood.

First, is Elvis Costello's eerie, other-wordly take, circa 1979:


Miles Davis puts his stamp on it in 1964, with able assistance from his classic Quintet lineup:


Here's hoping everyone has their own "favorite work of art" to spend the day with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada