Spare Ribs, Anyone?

Tuesday, March 13, 2012


So, it's Day 3 of my She Takes A (Broken) Ribbing & Keeps On Ticking campaign. How goes it, you ask?


Well, the ribs are still pretty sore, but I did manage to sleep a bit last night. As my father just noted, it was likely out of exhaustion more than anything else, since I didn't sleep a wink the previous two nights. I was even dozing off while watching TV last night. And that's a sure sign I wasn't feeling well, as I rarely do either of those things.

I woke up each time I moved too quickly or tried to roll over; since I typically sleep on my right side, this happened a lot. A whole lot. All in all though, I feel slightly better.

My sister C, an ER nurse, said it will likely take a month or so before I'm back to normal. Or whatever passes for normal for me. :c) In the meantime, I just have to take it slow.

I'm fairly active, so the trick for me is to resist the impulse to jump in full speed ahead the instant I start to feel better. I've done that in the past and paid the price. It accounts for the second time I broke my foot, for instance. I simply did too much too soon and wound up on crutches for an extra six weeks. So, lesson learned.

I hope!

***

To be honest, this post was really just an excuse to post a few more injury-related songs that came to me on Sunday night/Monday morning. (Around 4:00 AM, unfortunately.) At least I had terrific songs to hum to myself, right? :c)

First up, a beautiful song from Automatic For The People, R.E.M.'s 1992 masterpiece:


And since I haven't accommodated for my Pearl Jam jones for a while, *two* tunes from my boys. First up is from their debut back in 1991:



Next is one from their most recent album:


Hmm. "Just Breathe" is good advice in *most* situations, now that I think about it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada