From Moo to You

Friday, March 2, 2012


In the interest of giving credit where it is due, I would like to state for the record that the true force behind the scenes here at Casa de Cass are... cows.





Yup. I loves me some cows. Always have. And I'm not afraid to say so.

While some of us harbor not-so-secret disdain for our bovine sisters (you shall remain nameless; cows, while sensitive, can also harbor a grudge), I embrace them in all their... well, cow-ness.

Sure, other animals, like, say, monkeys and moose (to name two totally at random) are cool in their own way. I mean, hey, I have a stuffed moose:


Yes, I realize he's wearing a Mariners uniform. (I never said he was a smart moose.)

But cows... cows are, quite simply, much more intelligent than your average monkey. For instance, a cow would never make a mistake like this:


For that matter, a cow would never smoke. But I digress.

So, when I need inspiration, do I turn to moose and/or marsupials? No, I do not! Where do I turn? Cow-ward, of course!


Let's face it - if a sea cow can frolic majestically with a dolphin, then writing a blog post suddenly seems much more manageable. Don't you agree? (Of course you do. Because you can't argue with cow logic.)

So, I'll happily cede the rest of the animal kingdom to those of us with a less discerning palette. Instead, I will state for the record that cows are the greatest animals in the world, and will stand on any monkey's coffee table in my cow socks and cow PJs and say so!

***
Not that I need any further proof of the intrinsic awesomeness of cows, but what animal did Steely Dan see fit to honor with the leadoff track of their greatest album, 1977's Aja?

Let me think... what was it again?

Oh! Right!

A COW.

I rest my case.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada