Feelin' Groovy :c)

Monday, August 26, 2013

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a lovely Monday!

I had insomnia last night, but I suspect it was from staying up late to watch the Red Sox take two out of three from the Dodgers last night - on the road. That is what is known as a statement win - and a statement series.

This team reminds me a great deal of the '98 and '99 Red Sox teams. Like those squads, this isn't the most talented team in the league - but they are not the least bit intimidated by anyone. And that attitude can carry them a long way in October. Now if only my Mariners could acquire some of that grit... but that is a topic for another day. :c)

OK, enough baseball talk. :c) Apologies; I get carried away when it comes to my favorite sport. In fact, I'm typing this with one eye on the St. Louis - Cincinnati NL Central matchup. Yes, I am a total seamhead, as they call we baseball nerds...

Anyway, I just wanted to put up a quick post to assure everyone that I am, in fact, feeling fine - or groovy, as a Mister Simon and Mister Garfunkel put it so eloquently back in the day.

Follow below the fold for more. :c)




I have had a number of people get in touch the past 24 hours to express their concern. I am genuinely touched that so many people would take the time to reach out to be sure I am doing OK.

I truly do feel better, in large measure to my session on Saturday with M. She always helps me sort through my scatter-brained, to say nothing of half-baked, musings to get at what is really going on in the echo chamber between my ears. :c) (No, seriously: the acoustics up there must be wonderful! lol)

Here are a few quick shots I took today to prove I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed once again.

OK... more like baggy-eyed and bony-butted (the curse of we Irish-American lasses)... but you know what I mean!


Apologies for the scruff; I have electrolysis tomorrow. Much as I loathe the shadow, letting it grow for a few days means M, my electrologist, can take out even more of the evil little buggers. Enjoy yourselves now, fellas, because your days are numbered! ;-p

BTW, here is a close-up of the way-cool 3/4 sleeve baseball jersey I am proudly wearing:


I love this top - as much as I love the DRM!

Thank you again to everyone for your concern! You know how to make a girl feel good all over, you really do. :')

***

Here's are a few of my favorite tracks from the DRM's only album (so far):



So, so lovely...

I have probably said this before, but Dave Rawlings is the best guitar player I have ever heard. And again, I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan from the fifth row at the Orpheum Theatre in Boston. Mr. Rawlings really is that good. :c)

***

I would be remiss if I did not include a clip of S&G performing the song I used for the title of this little scribble. This is what joy sounds like:


"Life I love you... all is groovy." Just so. :c)

4 comments:

Jenna on August 27, 2013 at 2:42 AM said...

Cass,
I just have to say that picture of you is amazing.
Ignoring the "scruff", which you can't really see to be honest, all I can see is a happy, confident looking woman who would fit in at any baseball game.

x

LL Cool Joe on August 27, 2013 at 3:18 AM said...

I'm glad you are feeling groovy. Nice cap!

A on August 27, 2013 at 8:34 AM said...

I agree with Jenna, I don't see anything but an attractive woman.

Cassidy on August 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM said...

@ Jenna: Thank you *very* much, hon. I was mostly feeling happy *and* sleep-deprived when I took that, so it's nice to hear I can still pull off passable at the same time! lol

@ Joe: Thank you, sir! It's a Red Sox hat, as you probably gathered. :c) I have a Seattle Mariners cap I can model for a future post if you're interested. (And really, who wouldn't be, correct?)

@ April: Thank you, hon. It must be genetic! ;-p

Hugs to all!
Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada