Thank you!!!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wow... you all certainly know how to make a girl feel good! lol

I had another annoying night of insomnia last night. (No reason; just one of those nights.

Work was the usual crazy, but super productive.

And that was followed by two hours of electrolysis around my upper lip and chin line that was super-productive (albeit at the price of a sore chin and a bit of a headache).

But then I came home, turned on the Red Sox game to see they were ahead 13-2 over the Orioles. Yea!

And then I logged into Blogger and Gmail and saw the comments and personal messages after my last few posts! What a lovely pick-me-up as I ice down my chin! lol

You are wonderful, wonderful folks, to a person. Thank you so much for the perfect ending to a busy day. Hugs and love all around!!!

***

Oh, and here's another picture from Monday - hatless, this time. You can see *why* I wore the hat when you get a look at my messy, uncooperative hair! lol


I have learned that barrettes are a girl's best friend when it is time to help minimize the damage. ;-P

***

While I was busy closing bugs and compiling Help files today, I listened to Nicki Bluhm's wonderful set at the Newport Folk Festival again. My NYC friend C and her beau saw her in Wyoming last month; both came away as instant converts. Give these clips a look and you will be too. :c)

Here's an original, "Kill You To Call":


And here's her wonderful cover of "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)," which was already my absolute favorite Hall & Oates song of all time. Now she and her band The Gramblers have come up with another great version!


Live music... good for the soul!

And of course now you want to hear the original, no doubt. And who can blame you? Not this gal!


8 comments:

Rhiannon on August 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM said...

Honestly Cass, you are lucky. My curly mop is completely wild and out of control - it grows at 90-degrees to my head and looks completely unprofessional. Which makes growing it to any length a complete trauma! I'm about to start thinking about whether a decurler is available. I think its probably a little to short for straighteners! :o) x

Jenna on August 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM said...

Rhiannon, I've had my hair chemically straightened a couple of times at the hairdressers. Admittedly I was lucky and even the weak solution that was used lasted me a couple of months.

Cassidy on August 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM said...

@ Rhiannon: Thank you, hon! I can commiserate to an extent, actually. This picture is a bit deceptive, as my hair was really flat with a severe case of bed head.

My hair isn't as curly on top as it was when it was short (the back, however, most definitely *is*), but it still has a mind of its own. lol So I feel your pain! Mostly I'm just grateful it's all my own, even if it IS temperamental! :D

@ Jenna: Glad you had good luck. A friend had hers straightened once, and apparently it did not go well at all. I like my hair curly, actually; hearing horror stories like hers makes me grateful that is the case!

Hugs,
Cass

Diana Nicole B on August 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM said...

messy hair???? i think it is cute! that's what gives you that cute ipish look :-)

Diana Nicole B on August 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM said...

woops ment "impish" not "ipish" sorry blond finger moment LOL

Cassidy on August 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM said...

@ Diana: I have never heard of a blonde finger moment until now... but it certainly explains some of my misadventures at the keyboard! lol

And thank you so much for the kind words! Although I can only assume you indavertently typed "cute and impish" rather than, say, "dazed and disheveled," or something much more accurate. :D

Thank you again, hon! Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
Cass

LL Cool Joe on September 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM said...

Your hair looks great! I have really curly hair which I hate which is why I shave it off on the back and the sides. :D

Cassidy on September 20, 2013 at 10:23 PM said...

Thank you, Joe. :) And my apologies for the delayed reply. It has been a challenging few months.

MIne used to be pretty curly when it was short, but it's just a bit wavy up top. The back is still curly though, which I like (sorry!). I just can't wait until I get past this in-between stage.

Loved your most recent post, btw...

== Cass

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada